View Single Post
Placid_Storm
04-23-2006, 01:14 AM

I've heard a lot of people saying they could hear sounds on this track from past Tool albums. I've picked through this song and highlighted all the points that are reminescent (for me) of older Tool works.

I've listed the time that this "signature" occurs in Rosetta Stoned and which Tool album/work/song it is reminescent of (to me):

1:12 - Lateralus ; synthesizer

3:00-3:10 - Lateralus ; descending drum roll (sounds like a ball bouncing and then coming to a stop. End of "Disposition")

6:02 and 8:13 - *I'm stuck on this one...* either Third eye (10:07) or No Quarter (5:35 and 9:43).... or perhaps a mix of the two? I know I've heard this riff somewhere before.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:14 AM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Fingerprints from past Tool albums

I've heard a lot of people saying they could hear sounds on this track from past Tool albums. I've picked through this song and highlighted all the points that are reminescent (for me) of older Tool works.

I've listed the time that this "signature" occurs in Rosetta Stoned and which Tool album/work/song it is reminescent of (to me):

1:12 - Lateralus ; synthesizer

3:00-3:10 - Lateralus ; descending drum roll (sounds like a ball bouncing and then coming to a stop. End of "Disposition")

6:02 and 8:13 - *I'm stuck on this one...* either Third eye (10:07) or No Quarter (5:35 and 9:43).... or perhaps a mix of the two? I know I've heard this riff somewhere before.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote