View Single Post
Dredg's Avatar Dredg
04-21-2006, 01:55 PM

firstly, let me turn mine on first...**** ok good, lets begin with this tool fanboy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acsguitar
Here is my list of how TOOL sold out for this song and obviously copied their other stuff..
you mean, lost their artistic integrity. not "Sold out".

Quote:
A: Maynard sings: He sings on like 90% of their songs how unoriginal. Am I the only one who wants to hear Danny's voice?
I am sure many of us would like to hear Danny's voice, but many of us would not like to hear Maynard use the same voice modulation that he does in Third Eye as he does in Rosetta Stoned. Some of us would like to hear new material. Not recycled B-sides material as a "new" release.

Quote:
B: Danny Plays the Drums: See above; I'm all about Maynard playing the drums. We'd have to adjust some of the height of the drums but come on Danny's drumming is repetitive he hits the snare alot. Anyone else notice that?
I like Danny playing the drums, I dont think Maynard can actually play the drums. I dont really wanna hear someone who does not know how to play an instrument. It is odd that is what you want.

Quote:
C: Justin's playing Bass: Most bands switch their guitarist and bassist every album or so. But not tool They stick with the easy road of having Justin play his instrument. BOO. At least put him on a classic 1965 Hammon Organ like the Doors did.
actually if you listned to the album Justin was the only really progressive bright spot on the album. I like how Justins bass has more heavy tone to it like in Opiate. Justin style of play was a little shy on Lateralus and the band used him al ot more on this album. So really Justin already did change.

Quote:
D: Adam doesn't play the harpsicord: I heard rumors saying that Adam was going to play the Harpsicord. What a load of crap. Sticking to the guitar how un original.
Adam plays the synth as well as the talk box. There alot of different tunings that a guitarist could use. Drop D is not the only thing.

Quote:
E: During time 6:24 of this song I think I heard a D note being played. Again super Unoriginal. I mean the only notes I ever hear Tool play are A,B,C,D,E,F and G and there flats and sharps and augmented counterparts. Can't someone play a Z#b diminished 17th? Thats all I really ask for in a song.
it is obvious that a lot of the material was riffs that did not make it to the final finish. You can not dispute that. We provided times as well as the previous songs in which the riffs were played in. This is NOT new material. This is a b-sides album, no doubt.

Quote:
F: Tool shoulda wrote most of their songs in the style of my HUMPS. Thats a truly great song. Or maybee hollaback girl.
Yeah, you would prefer that. Clearly, I can see this with your "splooging" in this "new material". We understand that you have a listening capability of an 8 year old and we except that. However, please dont make threads in which your sarcasm is outweighed by Mine greatly. Next time be more clever.

*end sarcasm that bashes acsguitar.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:55 PM   #4
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 15
Re: How Tool Sold out in this song!!!!

firstly, let me turn mine on first...**** ok good, lets begin with this tool fanboy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acsguitar
Here is my list of how TOOL sold out for this song and obviously copied their other stuff..
you mean, lost their artistic integrity. not "Sold out".

Quote:
A: Maynard sings: He sings on like 90% of their songs how unoriginal. Am I the only one who wants to hear Danny's voice?
I am sure many of us would like to hear Danny's voice, but many of us would not like to hear Maynard use the same voice modulation that he does in Third Eye as he does in Rosetta Stoned. Some of us would like to hear new material. Not recycled B-sides material as a "new" release.

Quote:
B: Danny Plays the Drums: See above; I'm all about Maynard playing the drums. We'd have to adjust some of the height of the drums but come on Danny's drumming is repetitive he hits the snare alot. Anyone else notice that?
I like Danny playing the drums, I dont think Maynard can actually play the drums. I dont really wanna hear someone who does not know how to play an instrument. It is odd that is what you want.

Quote:
C: Justin's playing Bass: Most bands switch their guitarist and bassist every album or so. But not tool They stick with the easy road of having Justin play his instrument. BOO. At least put him on a classic 1965 Hammon Organ like the Doors did.
actually if you listned to the album Justin was the only really progressive bright spot on the album. I like how Justins bass has more heavy tone to it like in Opiate. Justin style of play was a little shy on Lateralus and the band used him al ot more on this album. So really Justin already did change.

Quote:
D: Adam doesn't play the harpsicord: I heard rumors saying that Adam was going to play the Harpsicord. What a load of crap. Sticking to the guitar how un original.
Adam plays the synth as well as the talk box. There alot of different tunings that a guitarist could use. Drop D is not the only thing.

Quote:
E: During time 6:24 of this song I think I heard a D note being played. Again super Unoriginal. I mean the only notes I ever hear Tool play are A,B,C,D,E,F and G and there flats and sharps and augmented counterparts. Can't someone play a Z#b diminished 17th? Thats all I really ask for in a song.
it is obvious that a lot of the material was riffs that did not make it to the final finish. You can not dispute that. We provided times as well as the previous songs in which the riffs were played in. This is NOT new material. This is a b-sides album, no doubt.

Quote:
F: Tool shoulda wrote most of their songs in the style of my HUMPS. Thats a truly great song. Or maybee hollaback girl.
Yeah, you would prefer that. Clearly, I can see this with your "splooging" in this "new material". We understand that you have a listening capability of an 8 year old and we except that. However, please dont make threads in which your sarcasm is outweighed by Mine greatly. Next time be more clever.

*end sarcasm that bashes acsguitar.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote