Thread: 7:45
View Single Post
EvilDoR
04-20-2006, 08:18 PM

I have to agree with those that say they hear similarities to earlier works. I noticed that right off the bat too. I do believe musicians themselves do hold on to certain riffs or rhythms, drumming patterns, etc throughout their musical careers or just jamming. They develop a style that is a base(so to speak) and that base expands and evolves in all different directions. I believe TOOL has more than one base though. I don't think its odd or disappointing to hear similarites, but if this is a hoax I say to TOOL....touche'. No one mentioned lyrics! Why use decent lyrics on a hoax cd. Double Disc?

Oh yeah, at 10:29 on Rosetta Stone, I hear Pigmy Love Circus influence into a Aenima influence to close the song.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:18 PM   #18
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 7:45

I have to agree with those that say they hear similarities to earlier works. I noticed that right off the bat too. I do believe musicians themselves do hold on to certain riffs or rhythms, drumming patterns, etc throughout their musical careers or just jamming. They develop a style that is a base(so to speak) and that base expands and evolves in all different directions. I believe TOOL has more than one base though. I don't think its odd or disappointing to hear similarites, but if this is a hoax I say to TOOL....touche'. No one mentioned lyrics! Why use decent lyrics on a hoax cd. Double Disc?

Oh yeah, at 10:29 on Rosetta Stone, I hear Pigmy Love Circus influence into a Aenima influence to close the song.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote