View Single Post
Old 02-25-2005, 05:57 PM   #13
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: Conscienceness expanding substances

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraflux
Not gonna quote the entire post, but this is in response to the original poster.

I find myself somewhat in agreement, although not totally. I dont see anything in Third Eye as dealing with negative experiences of any kind. And I dont think it is necessarily saying that hallucinogens are the only way to get to where we are going. I do have a problem with your interpretation of the two lines "Spent so many years in question to find I've known this all along..." Once you are experiencing higher planes, some serious self-examination takes place. Upon examining yourself from this new perspective, you discover that you have not learned anything new, but you just remember something that you forgot. So much, that you want to kick yourself in the head repeatedly for not remembering it sooner. Those two lines to me do not reflect drug use of any kind, in fact, once you get past the first minute of the song, I think the concept of drugs takes a back seat to the experience.

Otherwise I think its pretty good. I just wish people would stop thinking about drugs being the shortcut to ascension so much. Valuable, perhaps. But it is possible to attain anything at all without their use.

you are taking this completely the wrong way. i never said drugs were the only way, the safest way, or even the most productive way, to expand conciousness in this post. this is just my interpretation of the song.... this song is not about achieving a higher state through transcendental meditation, or some other natural means, it's about achieving it with drugs. in no way do i think that drugs are the only means of exploreing conciousness, i just believe that's what the song is about.(although you might want to check out my interpretation of the parabola video, as i believe this is symbolic of forsaking drugs for a more natural means of conciousness expansion.) as for you're ideas on the "to find out i've known this all along" line, yes serious introspective expierences are produced by such 'higher states of being', and to say that the revalation is that there is no revalation is almost blasphemous to me(just to avoid a long line of idiots making stupid comments, i just want to point out the last line is meant as joke, and that i am not placing any type of dogmatic law on the psychedelic expierence.) if you have never been aided in finding out something about yourself from a state of higher conciousness, than i hate to say it man, but you're doing something wrong.

as for my interpretation on the line 'to find i've known this all along'.........
it all goes back to my interpretation....about being shown something that you actually already knew, deep inside, all along,and that you're not ready to accept, or are not capable of dealing with (hence the negative expierience, if something is brought from you're subconcious to the surface, and you try to deny it, supress it, or turn you're back on it, than man, you're in for a world of hurt.) but i do agree with you about how the drugs take a back seat to the expierience, afterall, the song isn't about the drug, it's about the expierence produced by the drug.