View Single Post
Old 02-21-2005, 08:02 AM   #10
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
Re: Conscienceness expanding substances

Not gonna quote the entire post, but this is in response to the original poster.

I find myself somewhat in agreement, although not totally. I dont see anything in Third Eye as dealing with negative experiences of any kind. And I dont think it is necessarily saying that hallucinogens are the only way to get to where we are going. I do have a problem with your interpretation of the two lines "Spent so many years in question to find I've known this all along..." Once you are experiencing higher planes, some serious self-examination takes place. Upon examining yourself from this new perspective, you discover that you have not learned anything new, but you just remember something that you forgot. So much, that you want to kick yourself in the head repeatedly for not remembering it sooner. Those two lines to me do not reflect drug use of any kind, in fact, once you get past the first minute of the song, I think the concept of drugs takes a back seat to the experience.

Otherwise I think its pretty good. I just wish people would stop thinking about drugs being the shortcut to ascension so much. Valuable, perhaps. But it is possible to attain anything at all without their use.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote