Thread: Third Eye
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2002, 03:35 AM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Third Eye and hallucinogens

I have read (but not experienced myself yet) that when you use hallucinogenic drugs (Bill Hicks talks about drugs in general at the start of the song) you achieve a state of wellbeing, a connectedness with everything around you, often multiple splitting of the ego (thus there may be an observer or a higher voice talking to you like in the song). There is a recognition of everything you experience. This state is not unlike the one a child experiences when s/he is growing up. Your eyes and mind are completely open, and you see everything as it is, objectively (this is called Ego death). You may begin to understand your own negatyive and positive sides by thinking in this manner

So good to see you - I've missed you so much

The singer doesn't understand that he he has missed this state so much until he has experienced it. Still there is a feeling of recognition, he knows he has been here before (maybe as a child)

Well, those were my thoughts. This song is definitely connected with hallucinogenic drugs, though.

One individual with electrons in his hand can bring down an empire. Go for it all.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote