View Single Post
Black's Avatar Black
12-27-2006, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEyEwidEopEn View Post
Well ive ate alot of mixed psychedelics over the years research chemicals ordered off the net and all kinds of tom foolery and have never EVER been on a trip to the outer realms of the universe where I was talking to ET or nothing. I would not say it was a bad trip, but rather an EPIC out of this world, third dimension trip, best trip ever. Maybe the wasted oppurtunity hes talking about is he forgot to bring his pen therefore the oppurtunity was wasted because he couldnt remember the message he was supposed to deliver. Just a thought.
Yes....I agree with you.

Again, as in my other post (I'm really new here) indicates, I like to try to interpret the songs at face value. I think they more or less mean what they say, unless otherwise is stated by the author. And this song, taken at face value seems to be about a guy who was abducted by aliens, given a message that was to serve as a warning to humanity, but forgot his pen and failed to write any of it down (typical).

He seems to be concerned that it ISN'T a drug induced

"Fuck me / It's gotta be / the Deadhead Chemistry"

trip (Kripy Kremes and Sudafed notwithstanding), and he seems very concerned that he has failed to do what they told him to do (deliver the message). I also agree with the previous posts that the preceeding tracks are directly related to this song. Lost Keys is clearly the intro to this song (as I see it) in which the narrator is in a hospital ER, but can't yet talk about what happened.

When I saw them in concert in May, they opened with Lost Keys--directly into Rosetta Stoned. It kicked total ass.

Just my take on things. Going to go do something "constructive" now. Later.

Black
Old 12-27-2006, 08:14 PM   #26
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: A waste of a gift

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEyEwidEopEn View Post
Well ive ate alot of mixed psychedelics over the years research chemicals ordered off the net and all kinds of tom foolery and have never EVER been on a trip to the outer realms of the universe where I was talking to ET or nothing. I would not say it was a bad trip, but rather an EPIC out of this world, third dimension trip, best trip ever. Maybe the wasted oppurtunity hes talking about is he forgot to bring his pen therefore the oppurtunity was wasted because he couldnt remember the message he was supposed to deliver. Just a thought.
Yes....I agree with you.

Again, as in my other post (I'm really new here) indicates, I like to try to interpret the songs at face value. I think they more or less mean what they say, unless otherwise is stated by the author. And this song, taken at face value seems to be about a guy who was abducted by aliens, given a message that was to serve as a warning to humanity, but forgot his pen and failed to write any of it down (typical).

He seems to be concerned that it ISN'T a drug induced

"Fuck me / It's gotta be / the Deadhead Chemistry"

trip (Kripy Kremes and Sudafed notwithstanding), and he seems very concerned that he has failed to do what they told him to do (deliver the message). I also agree with the previous posts that the preceeding tracks are directly related to this song. Lost Keys is clearly the intro to this song (as I see it) in which the narrator is in a hospital ER, but can't yet talk about what happened.

When I saw them in concert in May, they opened with Lost Keys--directly into Rosetta Stoned. It kicked total ass.

Just my take on things. Going to go do something "constructive" now. Later.

Black