View Single Post
Old 07-21-2006, 01:48 AM   #28
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: God, you'll hate this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo's third eye
Yeah I know but the thing is in Judith he is pretty clear about his feelings for the christian god with the words fuck your god. I know its based out of anger over his mother's condition but that doesn't take away from the fact that he was clear about what he thought of her god. Now I somewhat feel maynard has accepted god in whatever way he chose in the recent music but on Undertow I just don't feel it.
Dont think so... "fuck your god" is intended torwards the church because "thier" god isnt the all loving unconditional being.... it has conditions to get to heaven.
10 commandments etc...... a TRUE unconditional loving god wouldnt make rules.... didnt "he" create us in his own image after all? And then gave us the freedom to choose? If he was TRULY unconditional, he would love us and take us back no matter what we chose, as he gave us the right to choose as we see fit. So i dont see how its based on his mothers condition at all, since after all, im sure he understands that she too has the right to choose.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote