View Single Post
Old 05-29-2006, 10:44 AM   #16
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: God, you'll hate this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo's third eye
You know I could except that however on the same cd is disgustipated which is an insult to religion and also years after that he made the song judith which I don't think that one needs to be explained. Forgive me if I'm missing something the ADD kicked in and I didn''t read the whole thread.
Judith is Maynard's mother's name (first or middle, I don't remember, and from what I understand, she was a Christian --- so both "Judith" and "Wings/10,000 Days" are songs to her) and the insult in anything Maynard writes/sings isn't against religion/spirituality/God, it's against the "middlemen" of religion who peddle false wares and sell false security to the mindless and the broken.

As far as "4 Degrees"goes, can sodomy be metaphorical for a "god" asking Maynard for acceptance and trust --- doesn't that fit with "Opiate" and the RAPE metaphor?
Away with our explosives then! Away with our destroyers! They have no place within our better world... But let us raise a toast to all our bombers, all our bastards, most unlovely and most unforgivable.
Let's drink to their health, then meet with them no more.

9.30.2006 - Washington, D.C.
6.07.2007 - Richmond, VA
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote