View Single Post
francisb233
05-18-2006, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savelints8
This interpretation reminds me of a quote from Maynard:

"...If somebody's going to experiment with those things they really need to educate themselves about them. People just taking the chemicals and diving in without having any kind of preparation about what they're about to experience tend to have no frame of reference, so they're missing everything flying by and all these new perspectives. It's just a waste. They reach a little bit of spiritual enlightenment, but they end up going, 'Well, now I need that drug to get back there again.' The trick is to use the drugs once to get there, and maybe spend the next ten years trying to get back there without the drug."
Fantastic.......
But the tune has so many levels.....

all us brothers should get to gether and have sex
Old 05-18-2006, 01:51 PM   #20
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: A waste of a gift

Quote:
Originally Posted by savelints8
This interpretation reminds me of a quote from Maynard:

"...If somebody's going to experiment with those things they really need to educate themselves about them. People just taking the chemicals and diving in without having any kind of preparation about what they're about to experience tend to have no frame of reference, so they're missing everything flying by and all these new perspectives. It's just a waste. They reach a little bit of spiritual enlightenment, but they end up going, 'Well, now I need that drug to get back there again.' The trick is to use the drugs once to get there, and maybe spend the next ten years trying to get back there without the drug."
Fantastic.......
But the tune has so many levels.....

all us brothers should get to gether and have sex
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote