Like an apparition,
He had me crying out,
"Fuck me
It's gotta be
Deadhead
Chemistry
The bottom got on top of me
Got me seein' E-motherfuckin'-T!"

In this part the voice is trying to rationalize with himself that what he is seeing is because of the drugs he uses. The Deadhead Chemistry seems to be to be a reference to the Grateful Dead rodies, and how some of them were know for quite a lot of drug use, same for the Grateful Dead. The bottom got on top of me is showing how he feels like his whole world has been flipped upside down.

"You'd better...
You'd better...
You'd better...
You'd better listen."

At this point he has just been told that he is to deliver an important message. He is mentally pysching himself up so he can make sure that he hears the whole thing, and hears it right, It could be because he was trying to concentrate so hard to not miss it that he actually did because he was too busy thiking. This could lead to a theme of how we all think too much.

"Then he looked right through me
With somniferous almond eyes
Don't even know what that means
Must remember to write it down
This is [surreal / so real]
Like the time they floated away
See, my heart is pounding
'Cause this shit never happens to me"

As he is being told the message by the other being, the other being is gazing deep into his eyes as to tell him to make sure he remembers this message. He gets the message and worries alot about remembering it, and to write it down. He becomes very excited because he is feeling something he never has before " 'Cause this shit never happens to me' "

"It was so real,
Like I woke up in Wonderland.
Also a bit terrifying
I don't wanna be all alone
When I tell this story.
And can anyone tell me why
[It was a repeat experience / ??]
Will I ever be coming down?
This is so real
Finally, it's my lucky day
See, my heart is racing

He finally wakes up, away from where all this has happened, and he wakes up with a great feeling inside "Like I woke up in Wonderland". This feeling could be from knowing he has a great purpose now. He wants to be able to share this story with others. He has entered an emotional high from all the excited and hopefulness "Will I ever be coming down?" "Finally, it's my lucky day". And again we get the fact that his heart is racing and that this is something new to him.

"But I forgot my pen
Shit the bed again ...
Typical."

He realizes that he has forgotten the message of hope. He has fallen of his emotional high and realises that he has shit the bed, which seems to be a metaphor for messing up his life, or at least a part of it. He seems to be used to feeling emotional downs because he mentions that his it typical.

I think that was all the parts of the song covered. The feeback so far has been very appreciated, and anymore will be aswell. Also please question this, but no flaming please.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:32 PM   #8
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Two voices, one experience

Ok here comes a few more things.

"So alive in this way
Like an apparition,
He had me crying out,
"Fuck me
It's gotta be
Deadhead
Chemistry
The bottom got on top of me
Got me seein' E-motherfuckin'-T!"

In this part the voice is trying to rationalize with himself that what he is seeing is because of the drugs he uses. The Deadhead Chemistry seems to be to be a reference to the Grateful Dead rodies, and how some of them were know for quite a lot of drug use, same for the Grateful Dead. The bottom got on top of me is showing how he feels like his whole world has been flipped upside down.

"You'd better...
You'd better...
You'd better...
You'd better listen."

At this point he has just been told that he is to deliver an important message. He is mentally pysching himself up so he can make sure that he hears the whole thing, and hears it right, It could be because he was trying to concentrate so hard to not miss it that he actually did because he was too busy thiking. This could lead to a theme of how we all think too much.

"Then he looked right through me
With somniferous almond eyes
Don't even know what that means
Must remember to write it down
This is [surreal / so real]
Like the time they floated away
See, my heart is pounding

As he is being told the message by the other being, the other being is gazing deep into his eyes as to tell him to make sure he remembers this message. He gets the message and worries alot about remembering it, and to write it down. He becomes very excited because he is feeling something he never has before " 'Cause this shit never happens to me' "

"It was so real,
Like I woke up in Wonderland.
Also a bit terrifying
I don't wanna be all alone
When I tell this story.
And can anyone tell me why
[It was a repeat experience / ??]
Will I ever be coming down?
This is so real
Finally, it's my lucky day
See, my heart is racing

He finally wakes up, away from where all this has happened, and he wakes up with a great feeling inside "Like I woke up in Wonderland". This feeling could be from knowing he has a great purpose now. He wants to be able to share this story with others. He has entered an emotional high from all the excited and hopefulness "Will I ever be coming down?" "Finally, it's my lucky day". And again we get the fact that his heart is racing and that this is something new to him.

"But I forgot my pen
Shit the bed again ...
Typical."

He realizes that he has forgotten the message of hope. He has fallen of his emotional high and realises that he has shit the bed, which seems to be a metaphor for messing up his life, or at least a part of it. He seems to be used to feeling emotional downs because he mentions that his it typical.

I think that was all the parts of the song covered. The feeback so far has been very appreciated, and anymore will be aswell. Also please question this, but no flaming please.