View Single Post
ObviousParadox's Avatar ObviousParadox
05-16-2006, 12:05 AM

indeed it is. the more I listen to it, the desperate the story teller seems for validation of his experience, even though if you've ever heard someone relate a trip its kind of like "look that's cool man, but its YOUR deal, YOUR experience, sorry I can't empathize" even though you may have also tripped, it can almost be frustrating, because you know the feelings/images/whatever invoked, but the trips become very personal. I mean obviously you discuss it with a group you're tripping with, but this guy doesn't seem to have anyone to kind of aid in that "relate your experience as its happening" thing (i don't want to be alone when I tell this story).
Old 05-16-2006, 12:05 AM   #16
Disgruntled Postal Worker

Bincount™: 176
Re: A waste of a gift

indeed it is. the more I listen to it, the desperate the story teller seems for validation of his experience, even though if you've ever heard someone relate a trip its kind of like "look that's cool man, but its YOUR deal, YOUR experience, sorry I can't empathize" even though you may have also tripped, it can almost be frustrating, because you know the feelings/images/whatever invoked, but the trips become very personal. I mean obviously you discuss it with a group you're tripping with, but this guy doesn't seem to have anyone to kind of aid in that "relate your experience as its happening" thing (i don't want to be alone when I tell this story).