View Single Post
sweatyturtle19's Avatar sweatyturtle19
05-14-2006, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObviousParadox
I know that a lot of people are posting interpretations, here's my 8 cents. I think this song is about someone who dropped acid, had an INSANE trip and then is relating it to a doctor. Fine, that's the basic, but the MEANING of the song goes deeper. I think that the name "rosetta stoned" points it out. The rosetta stone was a gift that could be used to unlock many secrets, but adding the "d" and the drug reference demeans what it is, or in this case, how it was used. LSD is a tool for some people, and I think this song is about wasting gifts. The guy in this song obviously had no idea what was going on, thought his visions were real and important, but just sounds crazy.
I love this interpretation.
Old 05-14-2006, 06:46 AM   #12
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 67
Re: A waste of a gift

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObviousParadox
I know that a lot of people are posting interpretations, here's my 8 cents. I think this song is about someone who dropped acid, had an INSANE trip and then is relating it to a doctor. Fine, that's the basic, but the MEANING of the song goes deeper. I think that the name "rosetta stoned" points it out. The rosetta stone was a gift that could be used to unlock many secrets, but adding the "d" and the drug reference demeans what it is, or in this case, how it was used. LSD is a tool for some people, and I think this song is about wasting gifts. The guy in this song obviously had no idea what was going on, thought his visions were real and important, but just sounds crazy.
I love this interpretation.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote