Thread: Communication
View Single Post
rEVOLUTIONary's Avatar rEVOLUTIONary
05-07-2006, 10:48 PM

These are my thoughts on the song:

Rosetta Stone is the only tubulature that allows us to connect our language with the hieroglyphs from the Egyptians, otherwise we would have absolutely no clue what the symbols mean or what they were trying to communicate. What I think the song is trying to explain is an experience where there is a communication barrier that can't be passed, but there is a very important message that needs to be communicated in the experience, hence:

"Overwhelmed as one would be placed in my position
Such a heavy burden now to be the one
Born to bear and read to all the details of our ending
To write it down for all the world to see
But I forgot my pen shit the bed again
Typical "

What I think he is trying to say is that there is another way people need to communicate, not just writing things down or trying to expain something verbally, people need to share experiences as one so we can understand each other. And when you think about it that is what music does, it gives you a certain feeling or outcome without even hearing words neccessarily. And that can be shared by millions. Same goes with Art. Please tell me how im wrong, criticism is the best building block.
Old 05-07-2006, 10:48 PM   #1
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Communication

These are my thoughts on the song:

Rosetta Stone is the only tubulature that allows us to connect our language with the hieroglyphs from the Egyptians, otherwise we would have absolutely no clue what the symbols mean or what they were trying to communicate. What I think the song is trying to explain is an experience where there is a communication barrier that can't be passed, but there is a very important message that needs to be communicated in the experience, hence:

"Overwhelmed as one would be placed in my position
Such a heavy burden now to be the one
Born to bear and read to all the details of our ending
To write it down for all the world to see
But I forgot my pen shit the bed again
Typical "

What I think he is trying to say is that there is another way people need to communicate, not just writing things down or trying to expain something verbally, people need to share experiences as one so we can understand each other. And when you think about it that is what music does, it gives you a certain feeling or outcome without even hearing words neccessarily. And that can be shared by millions. Same goes with Art. Please tell me how im wrong, criticism is the best building block.