View Single Post
JE Mack's Avatar JE Mack
05-06-2006, 07:15 PM

i thought he said "they" but i think you're right that he says "dave". however, that means the song can't be about dave since the narrator of the story/song (not really maynard) says what is happening is like the time dave floated away. so i wonder who is supposed to be telling the story in the song.

and i guess "stoned' doesn't just refer to drug use but also to being stoned as in attacked by people throwing stones at you. in that sense the title is perfect. drugs-->opening up mind-->to message about humanity/the earth-->ridiculed for claiming anything happened-->failure to deliver the message

i like your idea about "Right in Two" Mturi. Does tool really put clues in their newsletter like that though? i don't follow that kind of news.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:15 PM   #9
Banned.

Bincount™: 3972
Re: like the time Dave floated away?

i thought he said "they" but i think you're right that he says "dave". however, that means the song can't be about dave since the narrator of the story/song (not really maynard) says what is happening is like the time dave floated away. so i wonder who is supposed to be telling the story in the song.

and i guess "stoned' doesn't just refer to drug use but also to being stoned as in attacked by people throwing stones at you. in that sense the title is perfect. drugs-->opening up mind-->to message about humanity/the earth-->ridiculed for claiming anything happened-->failure to deliver the message

i like your idea about "Right in Two" Mturi. Does tool really put clues in their newsletter like that though? i don't follow that kind of news.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote