Quote:
Originally Posted by The Useful Idiot
The Part where Maynard comes in with

"Overwhelmed as one would be, when placed in my position
Such a heavy burden now to be.. the one
Born to bare and read you all the details of our ending
To write it down for all the world to see
But I forgot my pen."

Gives me the chills everytime I hear it.
Rosetta is one of tools best.

IMO, that's my favorite part of any Tool song that I've ever heard.

Not so much for substance, but Maynard's voice is just unbelievable at that point. It just makes you want to hear an entire song in that tone.

I had not really listened to this song much until today, and when I came across that part again I was like goddamn that's incredible.

Perhaps the most satisfied that I've ever been with a clip of music in my life.

However, I don't think that this is the best song on the album. It definitely makes it better, but every actual song on this album is really good, with 4-5 of the songs being instant Tool classics.

This is starting to become my favorite Tool album. It's not nearly as deep and complex as say AENIMA or Lateralus, but in terms of just really good progressive rock music and sound this is one of the best albums that I've ever heard.

Last edited by Iconoclast; 05-05-2006 at 07:36 PM..
Old 05-05-2006, 06:29 PM   #24
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Rosetta Stoned makes the album

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Useful Idiot
The Part where Maynard comes in with

"Overwhelmed as one would be, when placed in my position
Such a heavy burden now to be.. the one
Born to bare and read you all the details of our ending
To write it down for all the world to see
But I forgot my pen."

Gives me the chills everytime I hear it.
Rosetta is one of tools best.

IMO, that's my favorite part of any Tool song that I've ever heard.

Not so much for substance, but Maynard's voice is just unbelievable at that point. It just makes you want to hear an entire song in that tone.

I had not really listened to this song much until today, and when I came across that part again I was like goddamn that's incredible.

Perhaps the most satisfied that I've ever been with a clip of music in my life.

However, I don't think that this is the best song on the album. It definitely makes it better, but every actual song on this album is really good, with 4-5 of the songs being instant Tool classics.

This is starting to become my favorite Tool album. It's not nearly as deep and complex as say AENIMA or Lateralus, but in terms of just really good progressive rock music and sound this is one of the best albums that I've ever heard.

Last edited by Iconoclast; 05-05-2006 at 07:36 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote