View Single Post
rembrandt_q_einstein's Avatar rembrandt_q_einstein
05-05-2006, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Scorcho
To me, it seems the song climaxes ("details of our ending" part) and hits a logical end by 9 minutes and 39 seconds in, and then it kicks back in and goes on for another useless minute and half. For some reason this really frustrates me every time I listen to it. When Maynard screams right after, it always pisses me off, and I don't really know why. I just feel they overextended an otherwise good song. Sure, a little part of that last 1.5 minutes is OK, but it starts to get really repetitive and I would like the song a lot more had they trimmed it a bit. Any thoughts?

If you need to get the gist of what I'm saying, listen from 7:20ish to 9:39. Maybe I'm alone on this.
i actually went back and paid attention to the song at 9:39... i have no idea why you wouldn't want the rest of the track... there's two different breakdowns in the last 1.5 mins that are bad ass. id have to say that the last 1.5 mins are more than just "OK"
Old 05-05-2006, 07:19 AM   #16
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 122
Re: Does anyone else this song should end at 9:39?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Scorcho
To me, it seems the song climaxes ("details of our ending" part) and hits a logical end by 9 minutes and 39 seconds in, and then it kicks back in and goes on for another useless minute and half. For some reason this really frustrates me every time I listen to it. When Maynard screams right after, it always pisses me off, and I don't really know why. I just feel they overextended an otherwise good song. Sure, a little part of that last 1.5 minutes is OK, but it starts to get really repetitive and I would like the song a lot more had they trimmed it a bit. Any thoughts?

If you need to get the gist of what I'm saying, listen from 7:20ish to 9:39. Maybe I'm alone on this.
i actually went back and paid attention to the song at 9:39... i have no idea why you wouldn't want the rest of the track... there's two different breakdowns in the last 1.5 mins that are bad ass. id have to say that the last 1.5 mins are more than just "OK"