Thread: Schizophrenia?
View Single Post
martyr_02's Avatar martyr_02
05-03-2006, 12:28 PM

Anybody think the guy in this song may have some form of schizophrenia, drug indused or otherwise? TO me some of the things he does/says relate to various aspects of a person with schizophrenia, and also panic attacks.

For instance, nobody will contest with me that the guy(I don't know if its supposed to be maynard singing about himself or not so i'll call him the guy) is rambling incoherently. That is one of hte tell tale signs of schizophrenia, random thoughts that make no sense. I can't make out a lot of the lyrics, but there is somehting to the tea of "ET told me that I am the one, and i didn't finish fucking high school." This could be a delusion of granduer, a sympton seen in people with paranoid schizophrenia. I would like to see the actual lyrics to persue this furhter, but tha's all i can think of for now.

Then the panic attack comes to mind when maynard talks about being strapped to the bed, feet cold, shitting the bed. A person in a panic attack would probably need to be restrained, and the central nervous system starts "shut off" making the person lose bowel control.

Just a thought, if there is anybody who is a psych major or something or knows more about this than me go ahead and add. Think I'm full of shit? Flame away, I welcome your onslaught and look forward to defending myself.

sorry it is so long
Old 05-03-2006, 12:28 PM   #1
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 7297
Schizophrenia?

Anybody think the guy in this song may have some form of schizophrenia, drug indused or otherwise? TO me some of the things he does/says relate to various aspects of a person with schizophrenia, and also panic attacks.

For instance, nobody will contest with me that the guy(I don't know if its supposed to be maynard singing about himself or not so i'll call him the guy) is rambling incoherently. That is one of hte tell tale signs of schizophrenia, random thoughts that make no sense. I can't make out a lot of the lyrics, but there is somehting to the tea of "ET told me that I am the one, and i didn't finish fucking high school." This could be a delusion of granduer, a sympton seen in people with paranoid schizophrenia. I would like to see the actual lyrics to persue this furhter, but tha's all i can think of for now.

Then the panic attack comes to mind when maynard talks about being strapped to the bed, feet cold, shitting the bed. A person in a panic attack would probably need to be restrained, and the central nervous system starts "shut off" making the person lose bowel control.

Just a thought, if there is anybody who is a psych major or something or knows more about this than me go ahead and add. Think I'm full of shit? Flame away, I welcome your onslaught and look forward to defending myself.

sorry it is so long