View Single Post
El Scorcho's Avatar El Scorcho
05-02-2006, 09:53 PM

To me, it seems the song climaxes ("details of our ending" part) and hits a logical end by 9 minutes and 39 seconds in, and then it kicks back in and goes on for another useless minute and half. For some reason this really frustrates me every time I listen to it. When Maynard screams right after, it always pisses me off, and I don't really know why. I just feel they overextended an otherwise good song. Sure, a little part of that last 1.5 minutes is OK, but it starts to get really repetitive and I would like the song a lot more had they trimmed it a bit. Any thoughts?

If you need to get the gist of what I'm saying, listen from 7:20ish to 9:39. Maybe I'm alone on this.

Last edited by El Scorcho; 05-02-2006 at 09:59 PM..
Old 05-02-2006, 09:53 PM   #1
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4
Does anyone else this song should end at 9:39?

To me, it seems the song climaxes ("details of our ending" part) and hits a logical end by 9 minutes and 39 seconds in, and then it kicks back in and goes on for another useless minute and half. For some reason this really frustrates me every time I listen to it. When Maynard screams right after, it always pisses me off, and I don't really know why. I just feel they overextended an otherwise good song. Sure, a little part of that last 1.5 minutes is OK, but it starts to get really repetitive and I would like the song a lot more had they trimmed it a bit. Any thoughts?

If you need to get the gist of what I'm saying, listen from 7:20ish to 9:39. Maybe I'm alone on this.

Last edited by El Scorcho; 05-02-2006 at 09:59 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote