View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 07:13 PM   #6677
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: General Tool tour questions / discussion (merged)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monko View Post
This might sound like a silly question to some of you: is it worth it to see Tool two nights in a row?
I'd say yes especially since you'll have completely different view points for the two shows it sounds like. Since you have buddies making the drive the added gas expense shouldn't be too bad. Plus since it's a shortened tour I'm guessing there's not going to be a huge variety in the setlist from night to night but that they also won't be holding any songs back. In other words, whatever variety there will be I'd think odds are good you'd get to experience most of it in consecutive shows. Worst case scenario the two shows are exactly the same, but you got to see TOOL 2x in 2009, when most of us weren't expecting it until 2010 or '11.

I guess the real question is: How pissed off would you be if they played your favorite song you haven't heard live at SA, but not at Dallas and you didn't go? If money is tight and you'd be frustrated but overall just happy you got to see them in Dallas at all, then missing SA shouldn't be a big deal. But if it would taint the Dallas memory as well it may be worth the extra 40 bucks or so total for the trip to SA.