View Single Post
nembutals
06-21-2010, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentDMT View Post
Maynard appeared to drink a bottle of wine and then a beer through the performance. Vocals were excellent. I'm starting to think the reason for him not singing the end of Vicarious is more of a statement than a conservation of his voice. Something about a crowd of 10,000+ people chanting "Vicariously I live while the whole world dies" has a certain philosophical angle to it, that I can't quite put words on.
Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. I'm watching a couple recordings from the New Orleans show and he sounds phenomenal on The Patient. There's nothing he's hitting there that he cannot hit on the ending of Vicarious. I think he just has fun letting the audience sing that part.

The security guards sound like fucking assholes, I think alot of those people just don't get enough opportunities to assert themselves in their personal lives so when someone gives them a little taste of power at a concert venue they go nuts. The cellphone thing is absurd. I know some dumb hulking oaf boring his way through the crowd around me would be way more disruptive to the concert experience than someone just trying to snap a few photos with a little glowing phone...

Thanks for the awesome reviews everyone!
Old 06-21-2010, 08:32 AM   #14
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 06.20.2010 - Houston, TX @ Toyota Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentDMT View Post
Maynard appeared to drink a bottle of wine and then a beer through the performance. Vocals were excellent. I'm starting to think the reason for him not singing the end of Vicarious is more of a statement than a conservation of his voice. Something about a crowd of 10,000+ people chanting "Vicariously I live while the whole world dies" has a certain philosophical angle to it, that I can't quite put words on.
Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. I'm watching a couple recordings from the New Orleans show and he sounds phenomenal on The Patient. There's nothing he's hitting there that he cannot hit on the ending of Vicarious. I think he just has fun letting the audience sing that part.

The security guards sound like fucking assholes, I think alot of those people just don't get enough opportunities to assert themselves in their personal lives so when someone gives them a little taste of power at a concert venue they go nuts. The cellphone thing is absurd. I know some dumb hulking oaf boring his way through the crowd around me would be way more disruptive to the concert experience than someone just trying to snap a few photos with a little glowing phone...

Thanks for the awesome reviews everyone!
OFFLINE |