View Single Post
SterileEyes
08-12-2009, 08:07 PM

My 3rd show during this 3 year run.

I'm part of the "change your setlist or go home" club and I make no apologies - I've gone three times this tour and 4x altogether, I own the albums, I have a right to my opinion. I'm still going to shows and listening to them, aren't I?

I wasn't at the show exclusively for Tool...but for what it was, it was top notch.

I'm glad my friends who never saw them/didn't "get it" finally "got it".

But, again, Tool are way too good of a band to play the 95% the same exact 80 minute show for 3 years. They have the visuals and the talent ready to go to change things up, they have done so in the past, and they simply choose not to.

They never really "have" to as they have enough casual listeners to last a lifetime, but I'm sure some of you apologists, between option A of "I'd see Tool 80 million times play the same set" vs. option B of "I'd love to see Tool play at least a few different songs every time I saw them" would pick option B.

CLICK THAT LINK TO HEAR MY COVER OF "THE GRUDGE"!
Old 08-12-2009, 08:07 PM   #36
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.08.09 - Chicago, IL @ Lollapolooza

My 3rd show during this 3 year run.

I'm part of the "change your setlist or go home" club and I make no apologies - I've gone three times this tour and 4x altogether, I own the albums, I have a right to my opinion. I'm still going to shows and listening to them, aren't I?

I wasn't at the show exclusively for Tool...but for what it was, it was top notch.

I'm glad my friends who never saw them/didn't "get it" finally "got it".

But, again, Tool are way too good of a band to play the 95% the same exact 80 minute show for 3 years. They have the visuals and the talent ready to go to change things up, they have done so in the past, and they simply choose not to.

They never really "have" to as they have enough casual listeners to last a lifetime, but I'm sure some of you apologists, between option A of "I'd see Tool 80 million times play the same set" vs. option B of "I'd love to see Tool play at least a few different songs every time I saw them" would pick option B.

CLICK THAT LINK TO HEAR MY COVER OF "THE GRUDGE"!
OFFLINE |