View Single Post
deturm
08-12-2009, 03:29 PM

Crazy fucking show, was on the rail on the left side along the center. I lasted through Schism. Guy behind me got out and I helped the security guy lift him out, but in doing so I lost my grip on the rail and got pulled out into the crowd. It was way too hot in there and I couldn't breathe so I got myself dragged out (as much as I love Tool I'd rather not pass out in the middle of that crowd,) and by the middle of Rosetta Stoned I had walked back into the crowd, near the sound/light booth thing.

Most everything has been covered already, the guys all seemed to be into the show.
-Maynard was a little more chatty than my last show.
-2+ years of waiting made me forget exactly how amazing Adam's guitar sounds live.
-Passage to Bangkok intro got me super fucking excited, then he went into Rosetta Stoned and I cried a little.
-I saw Junior

I definitely learned my lesson on festivals. It was a good experience overall, but I don't think I'll be going to a huge festival like that ever again, especially for Tool. I had to wait out there way too long to have a good spot (7-8 hours.) I'll stick to solo Tool shows from now on.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:29 PM   #35
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.08.09 - Chicago, IL @ Lollapolooza

Crazy fucking show, was on the rail on the left side along the center. I lasted through Schism. Guy behind me got out and I helped the security guy lift him out, but in doing so I lost my grip on the rail and got pulled out into the crowd. It was way too hot in there and I couldn't breathe so I got myself dragged out (as much as I love Tool I'd rather not pass out in the middle of that crowd,) and by the middle of Rosetta Stoned I had walked back into the crowd, near the sound/light booth thing.

Most everything has been covered already, the guys all seemed to be into the show.
-Maynard was a little more chatty than my last show.
-2+ years of waiting made me forget exactly how amazing Adam's guitar sounds live.
-Passage to Bangkok intro got me super fucking excited, then he went into Rosetta Stoned and I cried a little.
-I saw Junior

I definitely learned my lesson on festivals. It was a good experience overall, but I don't think I'll be going to a huge festival like that ever again, especially for Tool. I had to wait out there way too long to have a good spot (7-8 hours.) I'll stick to solo Tool shows from now on.
OFFLINE |