View Single Post
futant7
08-10-2009, 12:11 PM

This was my 7th TOOL show since the Anima days and I went in with VERY low expectations after reading the reviews here but was pleasantly suprised. The new visuals and extended versions of songs were definately worth seeing.Maynards vocals were not quite as powerful as previous shows but no where near as bad as some individuals had been making them out to be.Anyway the show was very good.The only complaint I have is that although the extended versions of songs were cool they were not the "reworkings" that I expected or JC was qouted as saying.The Pushit reworking from the 98 tour was a "reworking" these were just extended jams.Also where the fuck is are cover song Blair?So much for that idea huh? Still hands down better than any other band out there and still the coolest live show out there.

Last edited by marcus; 08-10-2009 at 09:55 PM..
Old 08-10-2009, 12:11 PM   #26
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.08.09 - Chicago, IL @ Lollapolooza

This was my 7th TOOL show since the Anima days and I went in with VERY low expectations after reading the reviews here but was pleasantly suprised. The new visuals and extended versions of songs were definately worth seeing.Maynards vocals were not quite as powerful as previous shows but no where near as bad as some individuals had been making them out to be.Anyway the show was very good.The only complaint I have is that although the extended versions of songs were cool they were not the "reworkings" that I expected or JC was qouted as saying.The Pushit reworking from the 98 tour was a "reworking" these were just extended jams.Also where the fuck is are cover song Blair?So much for that idea huh? Still hands down better than any other band out there and still the coolest live show out there.

Last edited by marcus; 08-10-2009 at 09:55 PM..
OFFLINE |