View Single Post
elusivEuphoria's Avatar elusivEuphoria
08-09-2009, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozobuttz View Post
Pretty much a flawless performance. I situated myself just to the west of and parallel to the center camera/lighting rig. It was packed but there was 2 or 3 surges forward after they started playing. Sound was a tad loud but not to the point of distortion -- didn't use earplugs this time. The setlist gets a B. I think Lateralus was my fav. Especially the "human spiral" visual (you know what I mean if you saw it)!

The turnout of Tool fans to Lollapalooza itself was incredible. So many people were wearing the shirts (me included) and in passing I got acknowledgments and could hear people were so pumped.

Oh, and I had to hold my Tool poster up in the air so it wouldn't get destroyed by drunk assholes.
hey, i think i was right about in the same spot. I'm not exactly a tall guy and I had managed to find a little mound right on the edge of the infields near there that i could stand on and get somewhat of a decent view. I was pretty happy with that little part of the crowd, no major drunk assholes... just people enjoying the show along with me. Also i thought the mix was pretty good right there too. I felt like i could hear the whole band although at times it felt like Danny was a bit mixed down when he should have been a bit more thunderous.

I also appreciated the human spiral/dna spiral during Lateralus. It looked like each link in the human spiral had a hammer and spike and they were nailing each other together.

Did anyone else wonder what the weird, black, toy helicopter-like flying contraption was before the show started? Most people around me figured it was a camera for monitoring the crowd. It wasn't exactly a flaming stealth banana, but I personally thought it would have been cool if a bunch of those had started buzzing the crowd during Rosetta Stoned.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:04 AM   #13
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860
Re: 08.08.09 - Chicago, IL @ Lollapolooza

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozobuttz View Post
Pretty much a flawless performance. I situated myself just to the west of and parallel to the center camera/lighting rig. It was packed but there was 2 or 3 surges forward after they started playing. Sound was a tad loud but not to the point of distortion -- didn't use earplugs this time. The setlist gets a B. I think Lateralus was my fav. Especially the "human spiral" visual (you know what I mean if you saw it)!

The turnout of Tool fans to Lollapalooza itself was incredible. So many people were wearing the shirts (me included) and in passing I got acknowledgments and could hear people were so pumped.

Oh, and I had to hold my Tool poster up in the air so it wouldn't get destroyed by drunk assholes.
hey, i think i was right about in the same spot. I'm not exactly a tall guy and I had managed to find a little mound right on the edge of the infields near there that i could stand on and get somewhat of a decent view. I was pretty happy with that little part of the crowd, no major drunk assholes... just people enjoying the show along with me. Also i thought the mix was pretty good right there too. I felt like i could hear the whole band although at times it felt like Danny was a bit mixed down when he should have been a bit more thunderous.

I also appreciated the human spiral/dna spiral during Lateralus. It looked like each link in the human spiral had a hammer and spike and they were nailing each other together.

Did anyone else wonder what the weird, black, toy helicopter-like flying contraption was before the show started? Most people around me figured it was a camera for monitoring the crowd. It wasn't exactly a flaming stealth banana, but I personally thought it would have been cool if a bunch of those had started buzzing the crowd during Rosetta Stoned.