View Single Post
Simmy
08-09-2009, 07:56 AM

Same setlist as the rest of the tour, just shortened a little. After reading reviews for the rest of the show complaining about lack of interest from maynard i didnt set my expectations too high but they were amazing as always. Only downside was that it was packed for tool and i was right center a little above the soundboard. It was packed and super hot. Also had to deal with idiots rushing forward or trying to mosh. Thank god for that breeze every once and a while.

Sound was great and I heard maynard cleary except when he used the megaphone in some parts of stinkfist and rosetta. Maybe it was because eric was in the crowd, last show for 2 weeks, or the reviews saying he was out of it were overblown, but he was very into it in my opinion. Did not sing last lines to Vicarious as usual.

The passage to bangkok tease was very brief, just the first opening riff for about 6 seconds or so then straight into rosetta. Overall, i was blown away as usual, just hope next time they come around wont be a festival setting.

On a side note, i met adam, justin, and danny downtown after the show. Talked to adam for about 5 minutes he is awesome and a great guy to talk to in person.

Last edited by Simmy; 08-09-2009 at 08:18 AM..
Old 08-09-2009, 07:56 AM   #12
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.08.09 - Chicago, IL @ Lollapolooza

Same setlist as the rest of the tour, just shortened a little. After reading reviews for the rest of the show complaining about lack of interest from maynard i didnt set my expectations too high but they were amazing as always. Only downside was that it was packed for tool and i was right center a little above the soundboard. It was packed and super hot. Also had to deal with idiots rushing forward or trying to mosh. Thank god for that breeze every once and a while.

Sound was great and I heard maynard cleary except when he used the megaphone in some parts of stinkfist and rosetta. Maybe it was because eric was in the crowd, last show for 2 weeks, or the reviews saying he was out of it were overblown, but he was very into it in my opinion. Did not sing last lines to Vicarious as usual.

The passage to bangkok tease was very brief, just the first opening riff for about 6 seconds or so then straight into rosetta. Overall, i was blown away as usual, just hope next time they come around wont be a festival setting.

On a side note, i met adam, justin, and danny downtown after the show. Talked to adam for about 5 minutes he is awesome and a great guy to talk to in person.

Last edited by Simmy; 08-09-2009 at 08:18 AM..
OFFLINE |