View Single Post
thetallmonkey
08-08-2009, 10:29 PM

"Stinky bastards," actually ;) Was it just me, or was he pinching his nose shut and talking nasally for that part, just for the hell of it?

But no, I was in the very front row for this and just got back. The pushing/shoving was absolutely horrible as I felt like I was in a warzone to keep the spot I had staked out all day, and I was extremely annoyed that I had to keep looking over my shoulder for people who were crowdsurfing or trying to get to the front. Additionally, I felt that Maynard's mic was extraordinarily low in the mix, so it was hard for me to catch precisely what Maynard was saying at points like Rosetta Stoned... but that could just be me since I was nearly center stage directly in front.

These bad things of my first Tool live show being said, the good things of the show were a Maynard who was talkative and stayed relatively visible (minus the part of stripping into his boxers), the extended Stinkfist (which I unpreparedly blundered right into), a rocking Danny, and an Adam who definitely was more rockstar than introverted Tool guitarist, taking some spotlight action at times. The video panel behind the band was extraordinarily cool, and the "cycle of life" curtain behind that was a nice change of artwork that I sorta kinda hadn't seen before.

And on a side note... definitely did not catch "Passage to Bangkok" intro, though I was one of the fools screaming "Prison Sex!!" when Adam played that tease ;)
Old 08-08-2009, 10:29 PM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.08.09 - Chicago, IL @ Lollapolooza

"Stinky bastards," actually ;) Was it just me, or was he pinching his nose shut and talking nasally for that part, just for the hell of it?

But no, I was in the very front row for this and just got back. The pushing/shoving was absolutely horrible as I felt like I was in a warzone to keep the spot I had staked out all day, and I was extremely annoyed that I had to keep looking over my shoulder for people who were crowdsurfing or trying to get to the front. Additionally, I felt that Maynard's mic was extraordinarily low in the mix, so it was hard for me to catch precisely what Maynard was saying at points like Rosetta Stoned... but that could just be me since I was nearly center stage directly in front.

These bad things of my first Tool live show being said, the good things of the show were a Maynard who was talkative and stayed relatively visible (minus the part of stripping into his boxers), the extended Stinkfist (which I unpreparedly blundered right into), a rocking Danny, and an Adam who definitely was more rockstar than introverted Tool guitarist, taking some spotlight action at times. The video panel behind the band was extraordinarily cool, and the "cycle of life" curtain behind that was a nice change of artwork that I sorta kinda hadn't seen before.

And on a side note... definitely did not catch "Passage to Bangkok" intro, though I was one of the fools screaming "Prison Sex!!" when Adam played that tease ;)
OFFLINE |