View Single Post
gahpg
08-08-2009, 09:49 PM

I was dumb enough to go into the pit. I must've been 2-3 people from the front. I was surrounded by morons. I quote "Come on guys, if you're real tool fans you'll fucking mosh!" My neck hurts really bad now and reversing my car was a bitch having to turn my neck like that. It took me until Lateralus to realize that I should just GTFO of the pit because the pain and the cramped space was distracting me from the music. Would've loved to see these guys at the Sears Centre instead of Lolla. Fantastic performance from them regardless, and I snagged one of the autographed posters. I've definitely learned my lesson. I got more out of the Sears Centre gig than I did this one, but that's not to say that they did bad, it's just that I was more comfortable.

Question for those who have seen tool in the past and were in the pit this time: Is it always that bad for Tool or was it because of lollafuckingpalooza?

For the sake of the set-list, we got the extended schism and extended stinkfist.

What did Maynard do during the Lateralus solo? I wasn't able to see him well as I had left the pit by then. Did he use that rubber chicken?

Last edited by gahpg; 08-08-2009 at 09:54 PM..
Old 08-08-2009, 09:49 PM   #6
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.08.09 - Chicago, IL @ Lollapolooza

I was dumb enough to go into the pit. I must've been 2-3 people from the front. I was surrounded by morons. I quote "Come on guys, if you're real tool fans you'll fucking mosh!" My neck hurts really bad now and reversing my car was a bitch having to turn my neck like that. It took me until Lateralus to realize that I should just GTFO of the pit because the pain and the cramped space was distracting me from the music. Would've loved to see these guys at the Sears Centre instead of Lolla. Fantastic performance from them regardless, and I snagged one of the autographed posters. I've definitely learned my lesson. I got more out of the Sears Centre gig than I did this one, but that's not to say that they did bad, it's just that I was more comfortable.

Question for those who have seen tool in the past and were in the pit this time: Is it always that bad for Tool or was it because of lollafuckingpalooza?

For the sake of the set-list, we got the extended schism and extended stinkfist.

What did Maynard do during the Lateralus solo? I wasn't able to see him well as I had left the pit by then. Did he use that rubber chicken?

Last edited by gahpg; 08-08-2009 at 09:54 PM..
OFFLINE |