View Single Post
ringa101
08-03-2009, 09:55 AM

Maynard was a shadow of his former self last night. He just didnt seem like he wanted to play (work). He did speak alot last night, more than Ive ever seen him speak. This was my 5th show.
He started by saying, "good evening humans". He stated that they spent 5 hours in a van driving there because their flight was cancelled, he was a little hungry, back was a little sore and he had to take a crap. He went on to say that he would wait to take a crap because he didnt wanna be a party-pooper. He gave the drummer to the openeing band some shit as well, telling him to get his drums off his fucking stage.

What the fuck is Maynard singing during Rosetta Stoned, because he sure as hell wasnt singing the lyrics.

I had front row stage left, and was about 20 feet from Adam. The sound did seem way off at times, muddy low end and Maynard's voice was drowned out a bit. Adam and Justin did at one point both tweak their soundboards and the following song(s) sounded better.

Adam actually showed some movement last night, he didnt remain perfectly still like past shows. Justin appeared to be having alot of fun, stomping his feet, motioning to the crowd and tipping his beer to a fan during Danny's drum solo.

Danny is remarkable and looked like he was hitting the drums with with alot of energy. Emphasizing on specific chords to keep the guys playing in unison. Hes definitly the general on that stage.

After the lights came on, Maynard dropped his mic and casually walked off stage while the rest of the band waved and took in the crouds cheers for a moment. I took my camera phone out at was trying to take a picture when Danny walked over to the corner of the stage, look right at me and threw his drumstick. I put my hand out to catch it, it clipped my hand and dropped to my feet. 3 people from the row behind me dove head first over my chair onto the floor to try to grab it. My apologies to the guy whos hand I stompted on. :) You may have retreived the stick, but I guarantee your hand is sore as hell today. :)
Lightning was top notch, and the lazer show is always impressive.
All in all, It was a decent show, I would gladly see them again. 6.5 out of 10.

Last edited by ringa101; 08-03-2009 at 10:00 AM..
Old 08-03-2009, 09:55 AM   #30
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.02.09 - Manchester, NH @ Verizon Wireless Arena

Maynard was a shadow of his former self last night. He just didnt seem like he wanted to play (work). He did speak alot last night, more than Ive ever seen him speak. This was my 5th show.
He started by saying, "good evening humans". He stated that they spent 5 hours in a van driving there because their flight was cancelled, he was a little hungry, back was a little sore and he had to take a crap. He went on to say that he would wait to take a crap because he didnt wanna be a party-pooper. He gave the drummer to the openeing band some shit as well, telling him to get his drums off his fucking stage.

What the fuck is Maynard singing during Rosetta Stoned, because he sure as hell wasnt singing the lyrics.

I had front row stage left, and was about 20 feet from Adam. The sound did seem way off at times, muddy low end and Maynard's voice was drowned out a bit. Adam and Justin did at one point both tweak their soundboards and the following song(s) sounded better.

Adam actually showed some movement last night, he didnt remain perfectly still like past shows. Justin appeared to be having alot of fun, stomping his feet, motioning to the crowd and tipping his beer to a fan during Danny's drum solo.

Danny is remarkable and looked like he was hitting the drums with with alot of energy. Emphasizing on specific chords to keep the guys playing in unison. Hes definitly the general on that stage.

After the lights came on, Maynard dropped his mic and casually walked off stage while the rest of the band waved and took in the crouds cheers for a moment. I took my camera phone out at was trying to take a picture when Danny walked over to the corner of the stage, look right at me and threw his drumstick. I put my hand out to catch it, it clipped my hand and dropped to my feet. 3 people from the row behind me dove head first over my chair onto the floor to try to grab it. My apologies to the guy whos hand I stompted on. :) You may have retreived the stick, but I guarantee your hand is sore as hell today. :)
Lightning was top notch, and the lazer show is always impressive.
All in all, It was a decent show, I would gladly see them again. 6.5 out of 10.

Last edited by ringa101; 08-03-2009 at 10:00 AM..
OFFLINE |