View Single Post
KwizatzHaderach's Avatar KwizatzHaderach
08-03-2009, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeveedee View Post
Unimpressive. Uninspired. Taking money ungratefully. Maynard needs a good ass-kicking, something to sort him out. I no longer consider him an artist - it's the artist formerly known as MJK. Tool needs a new lead singer. That setlist is mildewed and smoldering. The pieces certainly don't fit anymore. The Flood intro was tight - all the best moments happened without Maynard. A sad day for me. They were so brilliant. Time to spend less money to watch better shows.
Very well said. While it's true we can't be sure what detained him, there is a major airport right down the street from this venue that he could have taken a helicopter to had he given enough of a shit. I'm no accountant, but I bet he could have afforded it. And then perhaps he could have given the loyal audience a bit more in the way of emotion during the performance to make up for his tardiness? Would it have killed them to do something special for us in light of the shorter show? And who did they have doing their sound? A chimp? That had to be one of the shittiest mixes I've ever heard in a major concert venue. All bass, low vocals and you could barely hear Danny's kit.

They need to either kick it up several notches or quit while they still have fans willing to defend them against the naysayers.

Last edited by KwizatzHaderach; 08-03-2009 at 07:29 AM..
Old 08-03-2009, 07:27 AM   #21
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: 08.02.09 - Manchester, NH @ Verizon Wireless Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeveedee View Post
Unimpressive. Uninspired. Taking money ungratefully. Maynard needs a good ass-kicking, something to sort him out. I no longer consider him an artist - it's the artist formerly known as MJK. Tool needs a new lead singer. That setlist is mildewed and smoldering. The pieces certainly don't fit anymore. The Flood intro was tight - all the best moments happened without Maynard. A sad day for me. They were so brilliant. Time to spend less money to watch better shows.
Very well said. While it's true we can't be sure what detained him, there is a major airport right down the street from this venue that he could have taken a helicopter to had he given enough of a shit. I'm no accountant, but I bet he could have afforded it. And then perhaps he could have given the loyal audience a bit more in the way of emotion during the performance to make up for his tardiness? Would it have killed them to do something special for us in light of the shorter show? And who did they have doing their sound? A chimp? That had to be one of the shittiest mixes I've ever heard in a major concert venue. All bass, low vocals and you could barely hear Danny's kit.

They need to either kick it up several notches or quit while they still have fans willing to defend them against the naysayers.

Last edited by KwizatzHaderach; 08-03-2009 at 07:29 AM..
OFFLINE |