View Single Post
dozer30
05-28-2017, 02:47 AM

yeah i was there and the VIP was both good and bad lol. the typical VIP experience that i have heard about minus getting to watch the opiate video, no signed VIP poster. i blame this on mostly the really shitty venues fault as they seemed very disorganized. they ran pretty late so it was a lot of waiting outside and wondering what was going to happen. Adam was very chill and its was amazing getting to see just him play within a foot from me. i didnt ask any questions as alot of people asked some kind of dumb questions and i think adam was irritated by some of them. someone asked what he does when he breaks a string and how often that happens, adam said "dont ask that its bad luck!" he meant it, and he did break a string pretty much right off the bat during the concert. someone else asked like 20 questions about chris cornell, not cool imo.

so he played some songs and did his normal thing, he did like my girlfriends shoes that are alex grey 10000 days art. after that we headed to the merch table that didnt have any signed posters so i bought a poster and didnt notice it was from the previous show, not a big deal i like the design. we went to sound check and danny and justin really put on a great show for us with adam. it was fucking nuts watching them just having a great time just for the 40 or so that were there. after that we took a group photo i got to thank danny and justin and shook their hands and tried not acting like a 16 year old fangirl. we went back and took a few pics with some stuff and that was pretty much it. i will add that i came from NH and was the first one in line with my girl and we showed up almost at the same time with a few others we hadnt met, and a after about 5 or 6 people where there they kind of cut in front of me and my girl, ok whatever so then about 15 to 20 more show up and the line turns into a circle of people waiting to go in, with us toward the middle, no one knew how to form a fucking line, it reminded me of a black friday sale.

we ended up getting closer to the front of the line and got first row tickets on justins side of the stage. when the cover band came on we found our seats again and hung out for a bit, they sounded like syd barrett a little but with some ELP mixed in kinda wierd but whatever.so after they were done we were given a wrist band allowing the first 2 rows to stand up in the front of the "pit" area directly in front of the stage. no one jumped on the chance to stand in front first so after a few minutes i left my seat and had my girl stand in front of the rail and i stood behind her as to protect her and the signed poster we finally were able to buy during the opening band. so we were directly in front of danny and justin and as soon as we were up against the pit railing about 500 people decide that looked like a great idea, and although only the first 2 rows had bands allowing them to do so the first 10-20 rows decided it was fine to think they could push me into a shitty spot. I held my ground the whole show right next to a girl that was talking on her cell phone during the show, during songs even! like wtf first row and your going to chat on your fucking phone?! the guy behind me was fucking retarded yelling DRUM SOLO!!! right in my ear with his beer and ass sweat breath the whole show! the band was great although it was distracting with security kicking out about 15 people for taking pictures but they allowed everything else. the whole show all i could feel is 3 elbows in my back and me getting pushed forward and into my girl who i had locked my arms around like a cage, i got an elbow in my ear that felt awesome as well lol.

so this venue is outdoors but non smoking, but beer and booze flowing like the fucking saco river. clearly they were overserving. after the show was done i turned around and the first 4 rows of seats were almost gone having been ripped up from the ground and tossed around. it literally looked like a bomb made of beer cans went off. I still had a great time though! and was worth the price honestly! oh yeah and my girl caught the last stick danny threw out to us like a champ with one hand and she held on to it! so we got two VIP shirts, 2 VIP posters, a signed poster that is a bit squished and a poster from the previous show, and two separate bags with the usual VIP stuff. most valuable is the awesome time i spent with my girl and getting to meet some huge influences in my life, Im going to the Ball next weekend, and if i get a chance to go to another VIP at a different venue i would in a second.
Old 05-28-2017, 02:47 AM   #5498
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: General Tool Discussion

yeah i was there and the VIP was both good and bad lol. the typical VIP experience that i have heard about minus getting to watch the opiate video, no signed VIP poster. i blame this on mostly the really shitty venues fault as they seemed very disorganized. they ran pretty late so it was a lot of waiting outside and wondering what was going to happen. Adam was very chill and its was amazing getting to see just him play within a foot from me. i didnt ask any questions as alot of people asked some kind of dumb questions and i think adam was irritated by some of them. someone asked what he does when he breaks a string and how often that happens, adam said "dont ask that its bad luck!" he meant it, and he did break a string pretty much right off the bat during the concert. someone else asked like 20 questions about chris cornell, not cool imo.

so he played some songs and did his normal thing, he did like my girlfriends shoes that are alex grey 10000 days art. after that we headed to the merch table that didnt have any signed posters so i bought a poster and didnt notice it was from the previous show, not a big deal i like the design. we went to sound check and danny and justin really put on a great show for us with adam. it was fucking nuts watching them just having a great time just for the 40 or so that were there. after that we took a group photo i got to thank danny and justin and shook their hands and tried not acting like a 16 year old fangirl. we went back and took a few pics with some stuff and that was pretty much it. i will add that i came from NH and was the first one in line with my girl and we showed up almost at the same time with a few others we hadnt met, and a after about 5 or 6 people where there they kind of cut in front of me and my girl, ok whatever so then about 15 to 20 more show up and the line turns into a circle of people waiting to go in, with us toward the middle, no one knew how to form a fucking line, it reminded me of a black friday sale.

we ended up getting closer to the front of the line and got first row tickets on justins side of the stage. when the cover band came on we found our seats again and hung out for a bit, they sounded like syd barrett a little but with some ELP mixed in kinda wierd but whatever.so after they were done we were given a wrist band allowing the first 2 rows to stand up in the front of the "pit" area directly in front of the stage. no one jumped on the chance to stand in front first so after a few minutes i left my seat and had my girl stand in front of the rail and i stood behind her as to protect her and the signed poster we finally were able to buy during the opening band. so we were directly in front of danny and justin and as soon as we were up against the pit railing about 500 people decide that looked like a great idea, and although only the first 2 rows had bands allowing them to do so the first 10-20 rows decided it was fine to think they could push me into a shitty spot. I held my ground the whole show right next to a girl that was talking on her cell phone during the show, during songs even! like wtf first row and your going to chat on your fucking phone?! the guy behind me was fucking retarded yelling DRUM SOLO!!! right in my ear with his beer and ass sweat breath the whole show! the band was great although it was distracting with security kicking out about 15 people for taking pictures but they allowed everything else. the whole show all i could feel is 3 elbows in my back and me getting pushed forward and into my girl who i had locked my arms around like a cage, i got an elbow in my ear that felt awesome as well lol.

so this venue is outdoors but non smoking, but beer and booze flowing like the fucking saco river. clearly they were overserving. after the show was done i turned around and the first 4 rows of seats were almost gone having been ripped up from the ground and tossed around. it literally looked like a bomb made of beer cans went off. I still had a great time though! and was worth the price honestly! oh yeah and my girl caught the last stick danny threw out to us like a champ with one hand and she held on to it! so we got two VIP shirts, 2 VIP posters, a signed poster that is a bit squished and a poster from the previous show, and two separate bags with the usual VIP stuff. most valuable is the awesome time i spent with my girl and getting to meet some huge influences in my life, Im going to the Ball next weekend, and if i get a chance to go to another VIP at a different venue i would in a second.