View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 12:33 AM   #36
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 12
Re: 2006/09/09 - Phoenix, AZ - Cricket Pavilion

It was alright. My first concert ever, so really I don't have much to judge this by. I was stuck in the lawn and had pretty good "seats" when we first got there. But then these fuckin assholes kept squeezing inbetween us with maybe 1 foot seperating me and the person in front of them. They kept pushing throgh "exuse me" and I kept saying fuck no... But somehow they managed it. Couldn't see shit the entire time, really.

The mosh pits basically started immediately. One of my friends decided to jump into one and I kept giving him glares, letting him know what a fucking retard he is. The mosh definitely ruined the first half of the show for me because it was just so ridiculous. Didn't get to see the incident with the bottle... Didn't even know Maynard left the stage. I just thought it was weird that he suddenly stopped singing.

Anyway, I thought the band did an amazing job. Listening to them was great, definitely. Love the modified versions of a few songs, and I didn't really mind Maynard's voice at all... Maybe a note here and there, but I really didn't think he was too off, especially being sick and all. I was kinda disappointed that we didn't get "Jambi", but whatever.

LOVED when everyone took out their lighters. That was pretty awesome. And "Wings" just stunned me in awe. It finally stopped the pits and actually calmed those fuckers down.

My problem wasn't so much the band, it was the fans there. "fans". Someone was right on when they said "immature". I was really really ashamed to be surrounded by such a big group of unappreciative, inconsiderate, rude and ignorant assholes. Even my own friend... I let him know what a jackass he was for moshing after I had told him just ebout every day for the past month that moshing at a Tool show is disrespectful to the band and even me. He obviously didn't care for that and shit all over my first experience. So I've distanced myself from him for a while.

Great job Tool. Bad job fans... Most of you sucked balls. To the ones that were there to enjoy a show and let others enjoy it with you. Thanks. You were few and far between but at least you made parts of it enjoyable.
OFFLINE |