View Single Post
Old 09-10-2006, 02:40 PM   #29
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/09 - Phoenix, AZ - Cricket Pavilion

Ok, now that was the worst Tool show I have seen yet. And I have been to 5 of them! The fact some waste of space blinked Maynard in the head with a water bottle is just plain RUDE! It was probably the same drunk fuck from 2001 that was yelling at Tricky, "YOU SUCK, I WANT TOOL" What the fuck was that guy thinking? (Hmmmm? Maybe if I hit Maynard in the head with a bottle, he'll like me more?) Some peoples kids!

Maynard had all kinds of weird rules for people backstage. Like no smoking allowed backstage at all, and that they had pictures givin out of the band members so people would know them by sight.

But, since I was working the show, I got a lil news about the asshole who threw the bottle. As far as what I was told by others, the guy was pulled out of the pit by 2 other LARGE stagehands who then proceeded to beat him unmerciful. But again, this is hearsay, not something I saw.

As for Maynard throwin a fit about the whole thing, I think he could have handled it better. Like channeling his anger into the music and using it to SCREAM where he needed to, or telling people to rat out the person who threw it, and have them throw the person onto stage and have Danny Carey throttle him with some drumsticks! I understand that Maynard has some sort of sickness or cold, but he was singing fine before the bottle hit him in the head. Or at least it seemed that was to me.

Anywho, even though it was the worst that I have seen, it was still enjoyable and memorable. Hope you enjoyed it! Wish I could have heard Jambi as well.........

I also have to give my kudos to the Video Crew for the tour. They had one hell of an amazing set. For those of you that could actually see it. If you were in some of the VIP or 100 -200 seating you couldn't see that all that stuff was white onstage for a reason. I know I couldn't see it from the pit. There were 6 large venue projectors hanging above the bandmembers heads projecting the same images you saw on the screens, onto the white parts of the stage they were standing on.

ZERO ONE PRODUCTIONS

http://members.cox.net/zerooneav/Tool640.jpg
But before the fire, you die from fright."
Larry Smit - 1999

Last edited by JesusIsCuming; 09-10-2006 at 02:55 PM.. Reason: Cuz
OFFLINE |