View Single Post
dancingflame
06-12-2014, 08:10 AM

the book i am reading at the moment is called "harmonies of heaven and earth" by joscely godwin...some contents (chapters): "the great work", "the music of the spheres" etc.

i dunno why i write it in this thread...it has something to do with blairs latest newsletter and the "process" :)
imo this album takes so "long" because it has something to do with the "great work", with musical alchemy...imo the spritual and the musical realms are pretty much interchangeable and having listened to aenima and lateralus while being "under the influence" i am almost certain that this music, the work of four individuals composing music under the name "tool", draws inspiration from the "other world"...to be more precise (but still not having any clue) it has to do with planetary constellations, with stars, cycles, rhythms etc...and if you make a mistake you have to start anew (remember the newsletter with the burnt down loft?)...it takes time...somewhere i read that the "big" song they are writing is much like a trilogy (in the book in another chapter they write about a characerization of the universe by the triple fatality of change, competition and impermanence) i guess "competition" is kind of what we had in the last few months and years (the whole wrestling thing)...of course i am a noob in terms of occultism and music and probably it is an merciless overinterpretation but i just wanted to share some thoughts...it could take another 8 years...they don`t really care (at least i hope so ;)) peace!

Last edited by dancingflame; 06-12-2014 at 08:12 AM..
Old 06-12-2014, 08:10 AM   #58
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: Tool and the Occult

the book i am reading at the moment is called "harmonies of heaven and earth" by joscely godwin...some contents (chapters): "the great work", "the music of the spheres" etc.

i dunno why i write it in this thread...it has something to do with blairs latest newsletter and the "process" :)
imo this album takes so "long" because it has something to do with the "great work", with musical alchemy...imo the spritual and the musical realms are pretty much interchangeable and having listened to aenima and lateralus while being "under the influence" i am almost certain that this music, the work of four individuals composing music under the name "tool", draws inspiration from the "other world"...to be more precise (but still not having any clue) it has to do with planetary constellations, with stars, cycles, rhythms etc...and if you make a mistake you have to start anew (remember the newsletter with the burnt down loft?)...it takes time...somewhere i read that the "big" song they are writing is much like a trilogy (in the book in another chapter they write about a characerization of the universe by the triple fatality of change, competition and impermanence) i guess "competition" is kind of what we had in the last few months and years (the whole wrestling thing)...of course i am a noob in terms of occultism and music and probably it is an merciless overinterpretation but i just wanted to share some thoughts...it could take another 8 years...they don`t really care (at least i hope so ;)) peace!

Last edited by dancingflame; 06-12-2014 at 08:12 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote