View Single Post
$pir4L's Avatar $pir4L
07-27-2009, 01:06 PM

Sixth TOOL Show, no complaints.

I knew exactly what to expect, and hoped for Ænima like everyone else who reads here and was going to the show. Drove in from Houston and took my girl for her birthday. (Well we went together and the next day happened to be her birthday, but she enjoyed herself a shit ton so 'I took my girl to TOOL for her birthday :)

Everything went smooth as shit as far as getting in and out of the venue, I think someone said earlier and I agree 'For $15 fucking dollars it better be organized'

Got in, didn't get a chance to grab a gig poster tho (If anyone has an extra one for San An, I will gladly buy it from you, hit me at [email protected], I think it would be a great present for my girl, shes a new TOOL fan and fucking LOVES Ænima and Rosetta Stoned, which were two big highlights of the night.

As far as the show, I would pay the admission just to hear them play Flood, I went to Austin and Houston last tour so that right there made it worth it, you take what you can get nowadays, props to the boys. They were tight and right on all the way through, you could tell they were having a lot of fun. The fact that Maynard was so talkative was indicative as well as Justin coming out in a Big Ass Foam 10 Gallon Hat.

The Tweak Bird Drummer staying out for the rest of Lateralus, I thought he was headed off after the solo when Maynard came back and he just stands and looks at him and jumps on the platform and when I thought he was going to start talking shit and kick him off the stage he starts singing...the dude and Danny were drumming their asses off, they all got close and you could feel the energy coming from the 5 of them...surreal and loud as hell on the floor.

"Nothing better to do on a Friday Night I suppose..."

"I want to try an experiment, Imagine this is your apartment, and everyone here is your roommate. So, pick up your underwear, do your own dishes, and look out for your roommates" "Oh, and the dog shit in the spare bedroom, FYI. May want to clean that up before mom comes over...And don't forget to hide the bong"

I also read some confusion in hearing the Make A Wish comment, I heard it pretty clear from where I was, it was a joke talking shit about the Tweak Bird drummer when it was time for him to come out, I can imagine it was pretty hard to hear in a lot of places in that venue...it was something like,

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a guest tonight, Make-A-Wish foundation Runner Up, Ashton (Last Name), Tweak Bird. Let the drumsterbation begin."

"Anyone here any good Michael Jackson jokes lately? Is it too soon? Is that bad taste? Is there a time frame?"

"Thanks for comin out tonight, (Applause) Rather, Thank you for letting us in."

Phenominal. Come on back.

Last thing, kanaduh, Glad you had a pleasant experience down here, it's how we roll.

Peace and Chicken Grease.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:06 PM   #39
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.24.09 - San Antonio, TX @ AT&T Center

Sixth TOOL Show, no complaints.

I knew exactly what to expect, and hoped for Ænima like everyone else who reads here and was going to the show. Drove in from Houston and took my girl for her birthday. (Well we went together and the next day happened to be her birthday, but she enjoyed herself a shit ton so 'I took my girl to TOOL for her birthday :)

Everything went smooth as shit as far as getting in and out of the venue, I think someone said earlier and I agree 'For $15 fucking dollars it better be organized'

Got in, didn't get a chance to grab a gig poster tho (If anyone has an extra one for San An, I will gladly buy it from you, hit me at [email protected], I think it would be a great present for my girl, shes a new TOOL fan and fucking LOVES Ænima and Rosetta Stoned, which were two big highlights of the night.

As far as the show, I would pay the admission just to hear them play Flood, I went to Austin and Houston last tour so that right there made it worth it, you take what you can get nowadays, props to the boys. They were tight and right on all the way through, you could tell they were having a lot of fun. The fact that Maynard was so talkative was indicative as well as Justin coming out in a Big Ass Foam 10 Gallon Hat.

The Tweak Bird Drummer staying out for the rest of Lateralus, I thought he was headed off after the solo when Maynard came back and he just stands and looks at him and jumps on the platform and when I thought he was going to start talking shit and kick him off the stage he starts singing...the dude and Danny were drumming their asses off, they all got close and you could feel the energy coming from the 5 of them...surreal and loud as hell on the floor.

"Nothing better to do on a Friday Night I suppose..."

"I want to try an experiment, Imagine this is your apartment, and everyone here is your roommate. So, pick up your underwear, do your own dishes, and look out for your roommates" "Oh, and the dog shit in the spare bedroom, FYI. May want to clean that up before mom comes over...And don't forget to hide the bong"

I also read some confusion in hearing the Make A Wish comment, I heard it pretty clear from where I was, it was a joke talking shit about the Tweak Bird drummer when it was time for him to come out, I can imagine it was pretty hard to hear in a lot of places in that venue...it was something like,

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a guest tonight, Make-A-Wish foundation Runner Up, Ashton (Last Name), Tweak Bird. Let the drumsterbation begin."

"Anyone here any good Michael Jackson jokes lately? Is it too soon? Is that bad taste? Is there a time frame?"

"Thanks for comin out tonight, (Applause) Rather, Thank you for letting us in."

Phenominal. Come on back.

Last thing, kanaduh, Glad you had a pleasant experience down here, it's how we roll.

Peace and Chicken Grease.
OFFLINE |