View Single Post
PiperMaru
07-26-2009, 01:39 PM

[Something I noticed before the show kicked off was a Peter Gabriel song playing in the background. It made me curious, because if any of you have ever seen old footage of Peter Gabriel in his Genesis days, he used to dance very much like Maynard does on stage.] (And is the stage crew usually in white lab coats or white scrubs?)
Anyway, I hadn't seen Tool since 2002, and I had to travel a couple of hours to see them. It was well worth it. I loved that Adam and Justin were all in white like the stage floor, reflecting all the lighting visuals on themselves too. It was cool to see Danny wearing the hometown team's Duncan's Spurs white jersey. Then Maynard all in black, with the mohawk and the shades....AWESOME to see!!! I love his moves, his crouching down and holding that position with the music, and I love seeing him stomp his foot with the drumbeats. I was sitting on Justin's side of the arena. At one point Justin makes a heart shape with his hands and fingers and "throws" it back out to that side of the crowd...too cute for words:).
Justin was wearing a 10-gallon cowboy hat BTW, not an Indian hat as someone else mentioned. I was thrilled to hear Rosetta Stoned, even though the vocals at the beginning were hard to make out. Looked like Maynard was having trouble with that voice-changer machine-thingy. And thank you for playing Lateralis; It was an amazing experience.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:39 PM   #33
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.24.09 - San Antonio, TX @ AT&T Center

[Something I noticed before the show kicked off was a Peter Gabriel song playing in the background. It made me curious, because if any of you have ever seen old footage of Peter Gabriel in his Genesis days, he used to dance very much like Maynard does on stage.] (And is the stage crew usually in white lab coats or white scrubs?)
Anyway, I hadn't seen Tool since 2002, and I had to travel a couple of hours to see them. It was well worth it. I loved that Adam and Justin were all in white like the stage floor, reflecting all the lighting visuals on themselves too. It was cool to see Danny wearing the hometown team's Duncan's Spurs white jersey. Then Maynard all in black, with the mohawk and the shades....AWESOME to see!!! I love his moves, his crouching down and holding that position with the music, and I love seeing him stomp his foot with the drumbeats. I was sitting on Justin's side of the arena. At one point Justin makes a heart shape with his hands and fingers and "throws" it back out to that side of the crowd...too cute for words:).
Justin was wearing a 10-gallon cowboy hat BTW, not an Indian hat as someone else mentioned. I was thrilled to hear Rosetta Stoned, even though the vocals at the beginning were hard to make out. Looked like Maynard was having trouble with that voice-changer machine-thingy. And thank you for playing Lateralis; It was an amazing experience.
OFFLINE |