View Single Post
Migs22
07-25-2009, 10:35 AM

Re:::

1. The acoustics at the SBC Center suck dick, at best.

2. Maynard is in his 40s... they've been going for almost 20 years. Don't bitch, it's just part of the maturation of a singer. Robert Plant was nowhere near the vocalist in '79 that he was in '69, and we're only talking ten years.

3. The music was far from sloppy. Danny, Adam, and Justin were completely on, not to mention adding in improvs for almost every song. See number 1.

4. Fans have nothing to do with the band. Is it unfortunate that a lot of douche bags hear Forty-Six & 2 on the radio and automatically snap up Tool tickets? Yeah. But there are just as many fans (I knew plenty personally) at these shows that truly appreciate and understand the complexities and nuances of Tool

I understand your frustration, dude, but keep it all in perspective. Less than quality venue, two decades into a career, and it's 2009, the year of Clear Channel, MTV, Affliction shirts, and Twitter. Intelligent fans, nay, intelligent people, are an endangered species. Trust me, I told my buddy last night that I'd give my left nut to have seen them in their Opiate days, but I'll consider myself lucky enough to be able to tell my kids I saw Tool play multiple times, regardless of when it was in their career.

" Saw them for my 27th time in PHX. Heading to Chi town for Lolla" Way to break it down "lzep86"

Could not of put it better myself brother....
Old 07-25-2009, 10:35 AM   #21
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.24.09 - San Antonio, TX @ AT&T Center

Re:::

1. The acoustics at the SBC Center suck dick, at best.

2. Maynard is in his 40s... they've been going for almost 20 years. Don't bitch, it's just part of the maturation of a singer. Robert Plant was nowhere near the vocalist in '79 that he was in '69, and we're only talking ten years.

3. The music was far from sloppy. Danny, Adam, and Justin were completely on, not to mention adding in improvs for almost every song. See number 1.

4. Fans have nothing to do with the band. Is it unfortunate that a lot of douche bags hear Forty-Six & 2 on the radio and automatically snap up Tool tickets? Yeah. But there are just as many fans (I knew plenty personally) at these shows that truly appreciate and understand the complexities and nuances of Tool

I understand your frustration, dude, but keep it all in perspective. Less than quality venue, two decades into a career, and it's 2009, the year of Clear Channel, MTV, Affliction shirts, and Twitter. Intelligent fans, nay, intelligent people, are an endangered species. Trust me, I told my buddy last night that I'd give my left nut to have seen them in their Opiate days, but I'll consider myself lucky enough to be able to tell my kids I saw Tool play multiple times, regardless of when it was in their career.

" Saw them for my 27th time in PHX. Heading to Chi town for Lolla" Way to break it down "lzep86"

Could not of put it better myself brother....
OFFLINE |