View Single Post
kanaduh
07-24-2009, 09:38 PM

tool show #16.... 5th on this tour.

before i get into the review, i need to spend some much deserved time talking about the people of this website. yesterday as soon as i arrived in san antonio, i checked my account on toolshed to find 4 personal messages on my account. all 4 of these messages were from people i have never heard of or talked to before. all 4 of these people offered to give me rides and/or transportation when I get to their respective cities.

Seriously, i was absolutely overwhelmed. A huge kudos and shutout to the awesome people of toolshed who are baffling me with an incredible amount of generosity. The best part of this trip so far has been the people I've met along the way.

tonight was by far the most drunk/high i've ever been for a tool show. and, does it surprise you to find out this generally equates to a much more awesome experience!? --how ironic that of all the states i'm visiting, texas is where i'm breaking the most laws. ridiculous laws, at that.

on to the show. first of all, one interesting thing I noticed. There is a well known video on youtube right now that shows justin/adam/danny jamming out to lateralus in danny's house. it's very rare and a really awesome video. anyways, in the video you see some interesting looking visual octogan-esoteric symbol behind danny carey. this is the same visual they have on the stage on top of the lighting rig for this tour. thought that was neat.

tonight was awesome. same setlist as the recent shows, with aenema added after flood. once again it is necessary to mention how absolutely incredible DC is. This man never ceases to amaze me. I'm convinced he is not a human.

Justin was wearing an awesome indian hat or something during lateralus - rather comical.

as always, rosetta stoned was my favourite song of the night. the introduction of the lasers is a very memorable part of the show. yet again, kudos to junior and his team on the visuals.

on to dallas tomorrow...

tonight was an awesome show.
but more importantly, a huge thank you to the people of toolshed for a ridiculous amount of genorosity and assistance. much appreciated, folks.

my faith in humanity is restored.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:38 PM   #5
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 45
Re: 07.24.09 - San Antonio, TX @ AT&T Center

tool show #16.... 5th on this tour.

before i get into the review, i need to spend some much deserved time talking about the people of this website. yesterday as soon as i arrived in san antonio, i checked my account on toolshed to find 4 personal messages on my account. all 4 of these messages were from people i have never heard of or talked to before. all 4 of these people offered to give me rides and/or transportation when I get to their respective cities.

Seriously, i was absolutely overwhelmed. A huge kudos and shutout to the awesome people of toolshed who are baffling me with an incredible amount of generosity. The best part of this trip so far has been the people I've met along the way.

tonight was by far the most drunk/high i've ever been for a tool show. and, does it surprise you to find out this generally equates to a much more awesome experience!? --how ironic that of all the states i'm visiting, texas is where i'm breaking the most laws. ridiculous laws, at that.

on to the show. first of all, one interesting thing I noticed. There is a well known video on youtube right now that shows justin/adam/danny jamming out to lateralus in danny's house. it's very rare and a really awesome video. anyways, in the video you see some interesting looking visual octogan-esoteric symbol behind danny carey. this is the same visual they have on the stage on top of the lighting rig for this tour. thought that was neat.

tonight was awesome. same setlist as the recent shows, with aenema added after flood. once again it is necessary to mention how absolutely incredible DC is. This man never ceases to amaze me. I'm convinced he is not a human.

Justin was wearing an awesome indian hat or something during lateralus - rather comical.

as always, rosetta stoned was my favourite song of the night. the introduction of the lasers is a very memorable part of the show. yet again, kudos to junior and his team on the visuals.

on to dallas tomorrow...

tonight was an awesome show.
but more importantly, a huge thank you to the people of toolshed for a ridiculous amount of genorosity and assistance. much appreciated, folks.

my faith in humanity is restored.