View Single Post
bkothe
06-28-2007, 07:26 AM

My first Tool show and I was blown away! I met a couple guys sitting next to me who couldn't believe I have been listening to Tool for about 14 years and I have never seen them live. When I told them that I have been listening since Undertow I did the math in my head and I couldn't believe it either. After last night I am now kicking myself for not seeing them sooner. I will definately try to not miss any other shows that I have an opportunity to see.

Everyone else pretty much summed up the night in their reviews. I was section 101 row 4, great seat. I will agree with guys who said it was too loud, although I was sitting about as close as you could get to the PA's. My ears are still ringing 12 hours later. I don't mind though, it was worth it. I was very pleased with the set list. Oh, gottajibboo, if you are the same person from Phook, you should know that not all bands change up their setlist like Phish, that's mostly a Jam Band thing. From what I have read Tool has a base setlist and they only change about 2-3 songs from night to night.

First time at the Sears Centre too. It's a very nice place. Much better than Rosemont/AllState. Easy in, easy out, good sound, good size. The club section was a nice treat too although I only used it during the opener.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:26 AM   #25
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/27 - Chicago, IL - Sears Center

My first Tool show and I was blown away! I met a couple guys sitting next to me who couldn't believe I have been listening to Tool for about 14 years and I have never seen them live. When I told them that I have been listening since Undertow I did the math in my head and I couldn't believe it either. After last night I am now kicking myself for not seeing them sooner. I will definately try to not miss any other shows that I have an opportunity to see.

Everyone else pretty much summed up the night in their reviews. I was section 101 row 4, great seat. I will agree with guys who said it was too loud, although I was sitting about as close as you could get to the PA's. My ears are still ringing 12 hours later. I don't mind though, it was worth it. I was very pleased with the set list. Oh, gottajibboo, if you are the same person from Phook, you should know that not all bands change up their setlist like Phish, that's mostly a Jam Band thing. From what I have read Tool has a base setlist and they only change about 2-3 songs from night to night.

First time at the Sears Centre too. It's a very nice place. Much better than Rosemont/AllState. Easy in, easy out, good sound, good size. The club section was a nice treat too although I only used it during the opener.
OFFLINE |