View Single Post
apollo
06-28-2007, 12:18 AM

My first tool show!!! I've watched countless video's and from what i've read on here, Maynard seemed much more lively than he normally does. His dancing is awesome and did anyone else see him humping the air during lateralus? During the drum solo he threw gummy worms the band members mouths and then teased the crowd with em before tossin the bag in the air.

When big business came on, i thought they sucked ass. But after the first song I started to get into it, they have an awesome drummer. Didn't really care for the guitarist or lead singer/bassist.

FLOOD! This song kicked major ass. I was standing by a few guys who recognized the song, but for the most part it seemed alot of people around me were clueless as to what it was =/.

Maybe the floor sound just wasnt good, but I could barely hear maynards vocals, the instrumentals were fine though.

I would have to say Wings/10kdays was the highlight for me. I always liked the song, but the CD just doesnt do it justice. From the lazers to hearing "Give me my wingggssssss" gives ya goosebumps.

I don't know if i'm a fair judge since this was my first show, but just from watching videos I think this time around the band is playing more for enjoyment and less for sending out a message like it seems they used to do in prior shows. This doesnt necessarily affect their performance, as they seemed totally on tonight. It just seems as if they have become a more in your face band and not the old mysterious, weird, tool that they used to be. But this is just my 2 cents.

I'll add more later as I recall more, still have a natural high ;)

Spiral Outttttt
Old 06-28-2007, 12:18 AM   #12
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/27 - Chicago, IL - Sears Center

My first tool show!!! I've watched countless video's and from what i've read on here, Maynard seemed much more lively than he normally does. His dancing is awesome and did anyone else see him humping the air during lateralus? During the drum solo he threw gummy worms the band members mouths and then teased the crowd with em before tossin the bag in the air.

When big business came on, i thought they sucked ass. But after the first song I started to get into it, they have an awesome drummer. Didn't really care for the guitarist or lead singer/bassist.

FLOOD! This song kicked major ass. I was standing by a few guys who recognized the song, but for the most part it seemed alot of people around me were clueless as to what it was =/.

Maybe the floor sound just wasnt good, but I could barely hear maynards vocals, the instrumentals were fine though.

I would have to say Wings/10kdays was the highlight for me. I always liked the song, but the CD just doesnt do it justice. From the lazers to hearing "Give me my wingggssssss" gives ya goosebumps.

I don't know if i'm a fair judge since this was my first show, but just from watching videos I think this time around the band is playing more for enjoyment and less for sending out a message like it seems they used to do in prior shows. This doesnt necessarily affect their performance, as they seemed totally on tonight. It just seems as if they have become a more in your face band and not the old mysterious, weird, tool that they used to be. But this is just my 2 cents.

I'll add more later as I recall more, still have a natural high ;)

Spiral Outttttt
OFFLINE |