View Single Post
soulongod's Avatar soulongod
09-14-2006, 06:11 AM

Do us all a favor and stop listening to tool. (You don’t get it.) Then get a hold of various books that are about spiritual theories and history and read, read, and read. When you can perceive the parallels and common goals of the many spiritual concepts, I do believe you’ll begin to understand tool’s music.

One of tool’s messages is to question authority; and they have found that to question authority without doing some real research is just as terrible as completely believing in a dogma. This is why presently tool has progressed away from the erratic hostility (flood style, drown it all and of course with good intention) of their earlier days (first three albums), being that this type of hostility tends to lead to misunderstanding, premature judgment of the innocent (Marie) and irrational actions. Tool came to the realization that they were as full of shit and naïve about the situation as the rest of us. Therefore, because of this they have progressed towards stressing to the listeners the importance of patients, listening, research, (Lateralus) and the refinement and focusing of hostility (sniper style, I got you in my crosshairs and you had better have a good explanation for your actions) (10,000 Days).
Old 09-14-2006, 06:11 AM   #53
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 25
Re: Tool and the Occult

Do us all a favor and stop listening to tool. (You don’t get it.) Then get a hold of various books that are about spiritual theories and history and read, read, and read. When you can perceive the parallels and common goals of the many spiritual concepts, I do believe you’ll begin to understand tool’s music.

One of tool’s messages is to question authority; and they have found that to question authority without doing some real research is just as terrible as completely believing in a dogma. This is why presently tool has progressed away from the erratic hostility (flood style, drown it all and of course with good intention) of their earlier days (first three albums), being that this type of hostility tends to lead to misunderstanding, premature judgment of the innocent (Marie) and irrational actions. Tool came to the realization that they were as full of shit and naïve about the situation as the rest of us. Therefore, because of this they have progressed towards stressing to the listeners the importance of patients, listening, research, (Lateralus) and the refinement and focusing of hostility (sniper style, I got you in my crosshairs and you had better have a good explanation for your actions) (10,000 Days).
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote