View Single Post
MFF0RD6
07-16-2007, 01:06 PM

a few comments:

I had the best damn time at this show!
the seats were impeccable, 6 rows up from the floor on adam's side in section 106. i had never seen their faces during a concert, adam is incredibly relaxed up there. also was surprised to notice there are only a few moments during the show when he actually shreds for an extended amount of time, his playing is more of a covergence with the other guys notes.

maynard seemed to be in a truly GOOD mood. even the 2 glowsticks thrown at his perch didn't cause any negative vibes for the other 10,000 people. his empasis at the end of vicarious was insane!

danny is a monster, i cannot wait for the volto show at the knitting factory LA next month so i can thank him for absolutely killing it this night. i didn't really get into the drum jam with coady from big business to be honest

justin laid it down oh so perfectly, his sense of timing is brilliant especially in precisely when to start a few of the songs after the interlude jams.

the video / lighting setup changed slightly from the LA shows in september. the tree of lights is gone, replaced by the huge screens that flank the band. the videos seemed different from tours past, and blew me away. i also found the 3 UFO lighting rigs to be especially cool towards the end of the set when each rig would focus its three lights on one bandmate, i think maynard was not illuminated by the UFO rigs. the lasers were better now. but of course it's all about the music, not the eye-candy...

FLOOD tore me up, i don't think i had ever seen it live and this version was legendary. this was one i kicked myself for missing at bonnaroo. i would go into more of a song-by-song list here, but i am constantly reminded of the quote most commonly attributed to frank zappa "Writing about music is like dancing about architecture." i will note that the sound in 100 level close to the stage was THE best i've ever heard at a TOOL concert, so i'm sorry for those of you who were too close and the sound suffered as a result.

the crowd was a little subdued, especially in the 100 level section next to me (105) where there were rows of people sitting down (!) oh well, i'm not about to pass judgment, they might be republicans for all i know ;)

i hope for a final US tour / run with an LA show after europe, but if this is the last time i see them for a few years, i know i'll be content. after missing San Diego in may and Bonnaroo i think i made a good choice and saw a classic performance. Thank You TOOL!

edited: in the setlist, (-) Ions was played before Skinkfist

Last edited by MFF0RD6; 07-16-2007 at 01:44 PM..
Old 07-16-2007, 01:06 PM   #28
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2
Re: 2007/07/14 - Albany, NY - Times Forum Union

a few comments:

I had the best damn time at this show!
the seats were impeccable, 6 rows up from the floor on adam's side in section 106. i had never seen their faces during a concert, adam is incredibly relaxed up there. also was surprised to notice there are only a few moments during the show when he actually shreds for an extended amount of time, his playing is more of a covergence with the other guys notes.

maynard seemed to be in a truly GOOD mood. even the 2 glowsticks thrown at his perch didn't cause any negative vibes for the other 10,000 people. his empasis at the end of vicarious was insane!

danny is a monster, i cannot wait for the volto show at the knitting factory LA next month so i can thank him for absolutely killing it this night. i didn't really get into the drum jam with coady from big business to be honest

justin laid it down oh so perfectly, his sense of timing is brilliant especially in precisely when to start a few of the songs after the interlude jams.

the video / lighting setup changed slightly from the LA shows in september. the tree of lights is gone, replaced by the huge screens that flank the band. the videos seemed different from tours past, and blew me away. i also found the 3 UFO lighting rigs to be especially cool towards the end of the set when each rig would focus its three lights on one bandmate, i think maynard was not illuminated by the UFO rigs. the lasers were better now. but of course it's all about the music, not the eye-candy...

FLOOD tore me up, i don't think i had ever seen it live and this version was legendary. this was one i kicked myself for missing at bonnaroo. i would go into more of a song-by-song list here, but i am constantly reminded of the quote most commonly attributed to frank zappa "Writing about music is like dancing about architecture." i will note that the sound in 100 level close to the stage was THE best i've ever heard at a TOOL concert, so i'm sorry for those of you who were too close and the sound suffered as a result.

the crowd was a little subdued, especially in the 100 level section next to me (105) where there were rows of people sitting down (!) oh well, i'm not about to pass judgment, they might be republicans for all i know ;)

i hope for a final US tour / run with an LA show after europe, but if this is the last time i see them for a few years, i know i'll be content. after missing San Diego in may and Bonnaroo i think i made a good choice and saw a classic performance. Thank You TOOL!

edited: in the setlist, (-) Ions was played before Skinkfist

Last edited by MFF0RD6; 07-16-2007 at 01:44 PM..
OFFLINE |