View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 12:26 AM   #26
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 3
Re: 2006/09/18 - Chicago, IL - Allstate Arena

This was my very first live Tool experience.

I was on the balcony seating...dude with long hair, white Tool shirt and black pants.

At first I was worried I would miss the stage visuals, but much to my delight the stage floor was in perfect view of my row (204). Is it just me, or did Maynard and the rest of the boys seem REALLY into it tonight? I felt as if Maynard really wanted to perform for us. He put forth many screams tonight, even some that weren't in the original songs. I was thrilled. Does anyone know what people kept throwing on the stage? I saw at least three different instances where a black shirt or something was thrown on the stage. People in white coats had to go pick it up. My view exposed some guy behind Danny who sat behind him for pretty much the entire show. I thought it was pretty strange.

I'm not sure why people threw up their lighters during Lost Keys, but hey, the crowd was really into it. We all sang along with Maynard...he even repeated the verse from The Pot since we completed it for him before he did. It was awesome. The pre-encore with the band sitting there and Danny holding up his lighter was just cool beyond words. Danny was just amazing to see in person. That man is a god with drums.

I think the highlight songs of the night were Lateralus, 10,000 Days, and Aenima - Aenima especially. I noticed Maynard kept repeating the verse about druggies in that song. It caught me off-guard, but I was pleased as the guys behind me kept blowing marijuana smoke all around me. We had some idiots ("OH YEAHHHH!" during quiet parts of a song, mosh pit for Lateralus, etc.), but I think the crowd was pretty good overall. The wait on the outside was FREEZING! I could've snuck my camera in easily, and I really wish I did. Oh well.

Tool were great as were Isis.
OFFLINE |