View Single Post
Old 05-20-2006, 06:22 AM   #33
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/19 - New York, NY - City Center

The Sound SUCKED SUCKED SUCKED. Maynard was pretty much INAUDIBLE for the entire show. The only things I heard clearly all night were the guitar and the snare drum. EVERYTHING else was drowned out by the indisctinct rumbling bass and low register sounds. F*CKING AWFUL. Here's an idea: Let's take four of the best muscians around, playing the best music ever recorded AND MAKE THEM SOUND LIKE SH*T. Worst sounding concert I have ever attended, and I've seen HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of shows. What an unbelievable waste. Total bummer.

Put your inner elbow across your mouth and blow. That farting noise is how the bass guitar and bass drums sounded ALL NIGHT LONG, louder than anything else. It got marginally better at the last two songs "Vicarious" and "AEnima", but that's THE WHOLE F+CKING SHOW.

TOOL is an incredible band. WISH I GOT TO HEAR THEM.

By the way, Maynard, this whole "make the singer dissappear in the dark" thing is bullsh*t. Get off your stupid little platform, step forward into the lights, and GIVE A PERFORMANCE. Isn't your music worthy of an "in-your-face" delivery (and a decent sound mix)? Don't worry about overshadowing the other guys or the music in general. You could be RUNNING AROUND ON FIRE, and we'd still have plenty of other things to watch/hear besides you. GIVE IT UP, MAN.

Completely disappointed. Great band, great set list, great screen visuals, in a fairy-tale small venue.

Ruined by the soundman. Here you've been on this small house roadshow for three weeks, with MANY sources of this same sound complaint, and this professional-level group STILL can't get it right. Disgraceful.
OFFLINE |