View Single Post
Old 05-19-2006, 10:57 PM   #20
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/19 - New York, NY - City Center

Ok, so obviously we're all going to enjoy a Tool show immensely or else you wouldn't be here reading these reviews. And, I think, as a fanbase, we're probably a little more astute/discerning than most. So, while I had an awesome experience tonight (Grand Tier, 5th row, left side) and this was actualy my first Tool show (i'm not a newbie, honest. Been hardcore since early/mid-90s), it could have been better. Straight up, I couldn't hear Maynard, and that's shame. I talked with a bunch of other fans and we all we're saying the same thing. I mean, some people's sole job in life is to make this shit sound perfcet and they couldn't do that. Of all bands, I thought they would have nailed the sound in this small theater. But they didn't vocally... Otherwise, I would have hoped for more spontaneity (an Opiate song?). I suppose they've been adored for so long (a decade) that their enthusiasm cannot quite match the fans at this point. I guess I could only be completely satisfied if i was transported back to 1993 or something for a show. So this was a review and that was my criticisms. But, still, these guys are ridiculous. Danny, amazing. None of these guys want the spotlight except for Danny, apparently. It's weird to see the drummer so obviously highlighted but no one is complaining. He's amazing to watch and it's awesome to be able to see him at work in such detail (down to the clear bass drum covers so you can see his feet at work). The place would have erupted if Maynard stepped out front (into that circle place in the center of the stage which no one set foot in). Mmmm, so good, but so much potential as well. Can't wait till the next one...
OFFLINE |