View Single Post
Old 02-21-2016, 10:13 AM   #38
Banned.

Bincount™: 0
Re: All time favorite tool songs

I just had do do ten. As odd as it seems making a top 5 is much more difficult for me then making a top ten. Anyway, here's my list.

1. Pushit
This is the perfect song when you have 10 minutes to kill, it also has some of tool's most eerie and most heavy moments on it. The lyrics are just intense.
2. Parabol(a)
I love how the two parts work together. The riff is also their most memorable. Just an overall great combo of songs.
3. Flood
I love this songs ominous first 3 minutes. That riff just seems so creepy and paranoid and builds up to one of undertow's most fast paced songs. The lyrics are great on this as well.
4. Third eye
It starts out so ambient and the Bill Hicks quotes oddly fit perfectly. This song managed to simultaneously be tool's quietest and heaviest track.
5. Opiate
Not their most subtle track out there but still has a very strong message. Also the hidden track on this always manages to creep me out then make me laugh.
6. Prison Sex
This is the song that got me in to tool. The only thing more memorable then the guitar and the lyrics on this is the music video.
7. Jambi
I just love the bass on this. I love it enough to put it in the top ten based (no pun intended) solely on that fact. The rest of it is above average for a tool song, anyways.
8. DRT
When you include the three as one song it's kinda hard NOT to put it on your list. I'm not the biggest fan out there of Disposition but still, the combination in a way represents all of tool's sides, you got the serene Disposition, the mind-boggling Reflection, and the heavy Triad.
9. Intolerance
Just a great opener. This song's lyrics are also so rebellious and angry. Basically a song made for when someone pisses you off by either lying, cheating or stealing.
10. Swamp Song
This is just way too quotable to not be on this list. If only I had a dollar for every time I called someone a "stupid, belligerent fucker"...
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote