View Single Post
Jarnet
07-19-2010, 10:56 AM

My first time at Nokia Theatre too, goddamn that is some impressive acoustics. That's how I like to hear Maynard, miles better than any other venue that I've seen them at, especially Staples. Ugh. We were front+left orchestra, a couple of tall dudes in front of me but the slope was enough so that I could see perfectly through their shoulders. The lighting was so intense, too, the lasers seemed a lot more intricate this time.

I overspent at the merch booths as usual. Tool is the only band I would pay $40 a shirt for. Wish I could have overspent another $300 or so :(

This was my fourth Tool show and I gotta say, I would get tired of playing Schism and 46&2 night after night for ten years. But I sure as hell won't. I will never get tired of Lateralus, and I will never get tired of hearing "spiral out, keep going" resonating through the crowd. Jambi and Right in Two were above and beyond the mark as usual, too. Fucking phenomenal experience. I'm a little disappointed every time we don't get 10k days but I was lucky enough to be spoiled a few years back at Staples with their first live rendition of it so I shouldn't complain. I'm glad we got Flood though, goddamn that is great to hear live.

Rajas was... ok. Best band I've seen open for Tour yet, which I'm not sure says a lot after In This Moment. I really liked Technical Difficulties because it sounded so different but the rest I wasn't a fan of. Gino is a beast though, that drum battle was great.

edit: Oh yeah, someone said that the security was really relaxed. Not in my section, we had people walking up and down, shining lights everywhere, and coming into the aisles just to tell people to put their cellphone cameras down. It stopped after half an hour or so but I was right on the aisle and couldn't find a chance to get a picture of the guys. :(

Last edited by Jarnet; 07-19-2010 at 11:42 AM..
Old 07-19-2010, 10:56 AM   #21
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.18.2010 - Los Angeles, CA @ Nokia Theater

My first time at Nokia Theatre too, goddamn that is some impressive acoustics. That's how I like to hear Maynard, miles better than any other venue that I've seen them at, especially Staples. Ugh. We were front+left orchestra, a couple of tall dudes in front of me but the slope was enough so that I could see perfectly through their shoulders. The lighting was so intense, too, the lasers seemed a lot more intricate this time.

I overspent at the merch booths as usual. Tool is the only band I would pay $40 a shirt for. Wish I could have overspent another $300 or so :(

This was my fourth Tool show and I gotta say, I would get tired of playing Schism and 46&2 night after night for ten years. But I sure as hell won't. I will never get tired of Lateralus, and I will never get tired of hearing "spiral out, keep going" resonating through the crowd. Jambi and Right in Two were above and beyond the mark as usual, too. Fucking phenomenal experience. I'm a little disappointed every time we don't get 10k days but I was lucky enough to be spoiled a few years back at Staples with their first live rendition of it so I shouldn't complain. I'm glad we got Flood though, goddamn that is great to hear live.

Rajas was... ok. Best band I've seen open for Tour yet, which I'm not sure says a lot after In This Moment. I really liked Technical Difficulties because it sounded so different but the rest I wasn't a fan of. Gino is a beast though, that drum battle was great.

edit: Oh yeah, someone said that the security was really relaxed. Not in my section, we had people walking up and down, shining lights everywhere, and coming into the aisles just to tell people to put their cellphone cameras down. It stopped after half an hour or so but I was right on the aisle and couldn't find a chance to get a picture of the guys. :(

Last edited by Jarnet; 07-19-2010 at 11:42 AM..
OFFLINE |