View Single Post
chunk's Avatar chunk
07-19-2010, 01:05 AM

This was the first time I've been to the Nokia Center and I read somewhere that this venue was built with acoustics as priority number #1. I was just left of center and let me just say the sound was flipping amazing!!! Mayanard's voice was clear and not muffled at all. The bass and guitar sounded great, but OMFG, those drums took tonights show to a whole new level. The drums were so earth shattering that my balls were rattled, litterally!

I was very happy to hear Right in Two. Before tonight I've only heard RIT live once and that was across the street at Staples and I thought the sound quality really sucked there, but tonight's performance was just unbelievable.

I could keep going on about how amazing the show was, but I won't. One of the best tool shows I've seen/heard in a while especially the quality of the sound. I just wish they would change the setlist a little more often. Ever since the release of 10,000 days they have basically stuck with the same set of songs; not a whole lot of deviation. Don't they get a little bored playing the same songs night in and night out. I know I would. Oh well, as long as they keep playing live shows I'll be happy regardless.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:05 AM   #13
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.18.2010 - Los Angeles, CA @ Nokia Theater

This was the first time I've been to the Nokia Center and I read somewhere that this venue was built with acoustics as priority number #1. I was just left of center and let me just say the sound was flipping amazing!!! Mayanard's voice was clear and not muffled at all. The bass and guitar sounded great, but OMFG, those drums took tonights show to a whole new level. The drums were so earth shattering that my balls were rattled, litterally!

I was very happy to hear Right in Two. Before tonight I've only heard RIT live once and that was across the street at Staples and I thought the sound quality really sucked there, but tonight's performance was just unbelievable.

I could keep going on about how amazing the show was, but I won't. One of the best tool shows I've seen/heard in a while especially the quality of the sound. I just wish they would change the setlist a little more often. Ever since the release of 10,000 days they have basically stuck with the same set of songs; not a whole lot of deviation. Don't they get a little bored playing the same songs night in and night out. I know I would. Oh well, as long as they keep playing live shows I'll be happy regardless.
OFFLINE |