View Single Post
whoremoans's Avatar whoremoans
07-19-2010, 12:39 AM

Just back from Nokia. After having just seen them at Viejas on thursday I went into this show kicking myself for not getting a ticket for night two at Nokia so I could see them play an alternate (somewhat) setlist...and low and behold fell ass-backwards into one.

The setlist was almost the same as night two at redrocks, minus "intension" sadly. Once I heard "Right in Two" start playing I thought that one was on the way as well....still "Flood" was so so sick. I suppose tomorrow you people attending that show will get "intolerence" and "the patient"...hold onto your balls.

Love the Nokia theatre. Great place to see TOOL play, not really a bad seat in the house. I had a mezz seat and it was still a great view. For anyone who hasn't had a chance to see them play there, I highly recommend going next time around. Hopefully they'll play a date there when they tour for their next album. Much more comfortable than Staples.

As far as "Maynardisms" go...he pretty much said the same things he's said at all the other shows this summer. He did tell the drummer from Rajas to hurry up and finish the drum battle so he and Maynard could go find some hookers after the show. Yeah he was drinking his wine again too. Don't think that 13 step program worked too good for him this summer.

The show killed...can't wait for next time around....would love to hear them take "Jimmy" out and let it breathe next tour.

p.s. anyone else see that set of Adam art added red rocks event posters at the merch booth. Price was 3,500.00. I got so excited when I saw those posters..felt around in my pockets and had a five and three ones. Told the merch guy I'd come back and pay him the rest later...he didn't fall for it though. They get smarter every year.

good night.

Last edited by whoremoans; 07-19-2010 at 12:47 AM..
Old 07-19-2010, 12:39 AM   #12
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.18.2010 - Los Angeles, CA @ Nokia Theater

Just back from Nokia. After having just seen them at Viejas on thursday I went into this show kicking myself for not getting a ticket for night two at Nokia so I could see them play an alternate (somewhat) setlist...and low and behold fell ass-backwards into one.

The setlist was almost the same as night two at redrocks, minus "intension" sadly. Once I heard "Right in Two" start playing I thought that one was on the way as well....still "Flood" was so so sick. I suppose tomorrow you people attending that show will get "intolerence" and "the patient"...hold onto your balls.

Love the Nokia theatre. Great place to see TOOL play, not really a bad seat in the house. I had a mezz seat and it was still a great view. For anyone who hasn't had a chance to see them play there, I highly recommend going next time around. Hopefully they'll play a date there when they tour for their next album. Much more comfortable than Staples.

As far as "Maynardisms" go...he pretty much said the same things he's said at all the other shows this summer. He did tell the drummer from Rajas to hurry up and finish the drum battle so he and Maynard could go find some hookers after the show. Yeah he was drinking his wine again too. Don't think that 13 step program worked too good for him this summer.

The show killed...can't wait for next time around....would love to hear them take "Jimmy" out and let it breathe next tour.

p.s. anyone else see that set of Adam art added red rocks event posters at the merch booth. Price was 3,500.00. I got so excited when I saw those posters..felt around in my pockets and had a five and three ones. Told the merch guy I'd come back and pay him the rest later...he didn't fall for it though. They get smarter every year.

good night.

Last edited by whoremoans; 07-19-2010 at 12:47 AM..
OFFLINE |