View Single Post
sonnyboy11's Avatar sonnyboy11
08-17-2019, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Embryo 2 View Post
Imagine the rehearsals for this tour, I believe the drums for FI were recorded over 2 years ago. They are going to have to learn the the new material all over again. That's why I wouldn't be surprised if the tour doesn't kick off until Nov/Dec and Aftershock is a "one off" with the same set list as the other festivals this year.
Interesting theory and makes perfect sense. I am with ya on the festivals thing but I actually like the recent setlist well enough to consider Aftershock, especially if no more dates till late this year early next. Aftershock is ok. A little dusty. And the stage layout does not quite work. But I had fun the one time I was there.

Btw, one thing I have learned after 40 shows or so is not to underestimate the band's tech skills. Last time I saw them in Sacto they sound-checked with Eulogy with Maynard and tackled it full roar. It sounded amazing for a song they had not done in years (I think they only recent performance of it was during a show just after Cornell died). Adam tends to be a bit sloppy when he's not rehearsed, but I have utmost faith in Justin's and Danny's ability to do any song in their catalog at the drop of a hat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles View Post
... but with fear Inoculum in the setlist. That's a given.
Definitely. Which makes Aftershock even more appealing.
Old 08-17-2019, 10:41 AM   #6306
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 20
Re: General Tool Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Embryo 2 View Post
Imagine the rehearsals for this tour, I believe the drums for FI were recorded over 2 years ago. They are going to have to learn the the new material all over again. That's why I wouldn't be surprised if the tour doesn't kick off until Nov/Dec and Aftershock is a "one off" with the same set list as the other festivals this year.
Interesting theory and makes perfect sense. I am with ya on the festivals thing but I actually like the recent setlist well enough to consider Aftershock, especially if no more dates till late this year early next. Aftershock is ok. A little dusty. And the stage layout does not quite work. But I had fun the one time I was there.

Btw, one thing I have learned after 40 shows or so is not to underestimate the band's tech skills. Last time I saw them in Sacto they sound-checked with Eulogy with Maynard and tackled it full roar. It sounded amazing for a song they had not done in years (I think they only recent performance of it was during a show just after Cornell died). Adam tends to be a bit sloppy when he's not rehearsed, but I have utmost faith in Justin's and Danny's ability to do any song in their catalog at the drop of a hat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles View Post
... but with fear Inoculum in the setlist. That's a given.
Definitely. Which makes Aftershock even more appealing.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote